★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Help Luna rid the world of menstruation haters! Throw tampons at them and dont let them confiscate yours!

How many enemies can you enlighten?

As featured in CBS.com, Time.com, Today.com, TeenVogue.com, Jezebel.com, NYDailyNews.com, Feministing.com, Fast Company Co.exist, among others.

if youre into eight-bit nostalgia (or fighting the patriarchy), its also fun as hell. - Fast Company, Co.exist

a simple platformer with ambitious goals. Your spunky, pixelated avatar runs across the screen to the right familiarly, defeating as many enemies as possible while conserving ammo.Throwing tampons at people feels very, very cool. - KillScreenDaily.com

an 8-bit video game with a big mission - Today.com

Tampon Run is a game both fun and educational, like Oregon Trail, with more periods. - Bustle.com

[you] will definitely become addicted within the first five minutes of playing - TeenVogue.com

High schoolers Andy Gonzales and Sophie Houser created Tampon Run to combat the taboo around menstruation. Developed during their summer at Girls Who Code, Tampon Run quickly went viral and has garnered the attention of major media outlets around the world. Join them in de-stigmatizing menstruation around the world!

Original music by: Drew Joy

Boardumb's comments:
I'm sure a lot of people will flip out just based on the title alone, but there is actually a very cool story behind the two teenage female developers who made this game.

02-04-2015, 04:41 PM
"Help Luna rid the world of menstruation haters! Throw tampons at them and dont let them confiscate yours!

How many enemies can you enlighten?"

Omg

Last edited by BitStern; 02-05-2015 at 09:04 AM.

02-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Well if Apple are letting this one go, surely the market is ripe for "Weapons of Ass Destruction" - a game designed to remove all taboos surrounding anal sex!
02-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Well if Apple are letting this one go, surely the market is ripe for "Weapons of Ass Destruction" - a game designed to remove all taboos surrounding anal sex!
Okay, here's to that!! (raises his glass)
We'll have a bloody good time!

Last edited by bigrand1; 02-04-2015 at 05:46 PM.
02-04-2015, 05:51 PM
This, or the poo flinger one..?
02-04-2015, 06:11 PM
The girls story and idea behind the game is brilliant. They are two confident young women hoping to change/challenge some of more negative and often immature attitudes towards menstrating, it's a natural bodily function and I think their attitude is amazing. Dloading to support them and will buy any iaps but sadly I think it will be the butt of jokes instead of achieving what they want. They get massive kudos for trying though.
02-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
The girls story and idea behind the game is brilliant. They are two confident young women hoping to change/challenge some of more negative and often immature attitudes towards menstrating, it's a natural bodily function and I think their attitude is amazing. Dloading to support them and will buy any iaps but sadly I think it will be the butt of jokes instead of achieving what they want. They get massive kudos for trying though.
I came close to posting this game earlier but figured there may not be a level head to appreciate it, thank you for proving me wrong! Great message and something that deserves to be taken seriously.
02-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Quote:
This is actually a really fun runner. It doesn't re-invent anything, but the controls are tight and I like how challenging it gets, if you're aiming to get a high score.

However, If I was girl, I'd use the silicone Mooncup to save money and all the waste that goes along with tampons. It would be cool if you were able to get Mooncup upgrades in the game, as a more powerful weapon!

I didn't see any IAP or ads for that matter...
02-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
This is actually a really fun runner. It doesn't re-invent anything, but the controls are tight and I like how challenging it gets, if you're aiming to get a high score.

However, If I was girl, I'd use the silicone Mooncup to save money and all the waste that goes along with tampons. It would be cool if you were able to get Mooncup upgrades in the game, as a more powerful weapon!

I didn't see any IAP or ads for that matter...
I've heard great things about the mooncup. That upgrade idea is cool. I like how the boys turn into winged sanitary towels and fly off.

I've been playing the last half hour and can't find fault with it, (would like it be universal but no biggie) like you say, it isn't anything new but what it does it does well. Fun little game with a good message.
02-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Quote:
I've heard great things about the mooncup. That upgrade idea is cool. I like how the boys turn into winged sanitary towels and fly off.

I've been playing the last half hour and can't find fault with it, (would like it be universal but no biggie) like you say, it isn't anything new but what it does it does well. Fun little game with a good message.
Yeah, that part where the boys transform and fly away is funny. When my daughter gets old enough, I'll definitely be encouraging the Mooncup.

How does the Dev make any money on this game?