★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Galcon Strategies

12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Galcon Strategies

Hey Guys, I've been playing a lot of Galcon lately and realizing I'm winning a lot of rounds (but am still only a purple flag ) anyway, I was wondering what kind of strategies people use for this game...

You could be one of those people that just screw the other people over when you know you aren't going to win...

You could be very sneaky and keep all your forces on your original planet and then explode out of nowhere when 2 people get in a battle

You could try to grab all the big planets at the beginning, no matter what the cost, and hope that nobody catches you and ruins you because your forces are so weak (This almost always works out if you don't get caught because the planets pay for themselves in a very short amount of time)

I know there are more strategies, so put them here, let people know what you're up to.
And for people who don't have this game, the online is great!
12-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I totally love Galcon. I've spent hours and hours playing the network game. I normally try and capture the cheap planets around me, and then wait till the other players start battling. It hasn't always worked for me though.

I got up to a red flag at one stage, but think I'm back down on white at the moment. I play using my real name, so look out for me there.
12-18-2008, 09:10 PM
reason I stopped playing the game is cause of people online

People have this game down to a science on beating people, they know how to capture alot of planets and send a million ships at you, and you never stood a chance. it can get frustrating cause you loose so easily
12-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
You could be very sneaky and keep all your forces on your original planet and then explode out of nowhere when 2 people get in a battle
I do that every once in a while. It doesn't work as much anymore. There are so many people that play hardcore and now know how to beat that.
12-19-2008, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
I know there are more strategies, so put them here, let people know what you're up to.
An entire forum section on Galcon strategies: http://www.galcon.com/forums/14/15/

Stefan
12-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Just "zerg" the enemy home planet. Win.