★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: xJoust
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.6 MB
  • Version: 101p1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ... absolutely brilliant use of the iPhone and iPod touch interface. This is an easy, engaging, engrossing multiplayer game. One of the most addicting games I have ever played on the iPhone and continues to occupy the coveted top drawer of my iPhone applications.

-Nick Kellet, GiftTRAP

... an extremely fun game. Easy to get started, but goes very deep. High fidelity maneuvers and multiplayer strategy give fantastic play value. Chat features and map variety keep me coming back for more. Highly recommended.

-Shonna Mckenzie, UBCO.com

xJoust allows you to both compete and socialize within the widest array of arenas, maps and competitive levels. Players go head-to-head to gather objects that will conjure new capabilities.

Strike down upon foes with great vengeance and furious anger. Or perhaps you prefer to use your "superior linguistic skills" to get a newb and his friends to leave the most desirable arenas.

xJoust is a rich multi-person competition. Cloud based worlds allow complete freedom and creative strategy. Cunning and guile match against skill and destruction in what has already become a university favourite. One of the few multiplayer games that attracts co-ed gamers as well as game enthusiasts. xJoust web site community at:

www.xjoust.com

Devilishly Good's comments:

Free xJoust in iTunes
09-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Is this the same as xPilot? Or did they just rename the game.

Current: iPhone 6S, new 3DS, Vita
12-02-2009, 01:38 PM
xJoust (apparently by tveon) is not XPilot (by 7b5 Labs), but is definitely based on the XPilot source code. As XPilot is covered by the GPL and the source is freely available on the 7b5 Labs site, this is perfectly legal (except that, thus far, xJoust does not seem to be labelled as GPL or provide access to source, which violates the license, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll correct that situation).

xJoust functionality seems to be nearly identical to XPilot iPhone, but is "re-skinned" to have a RPG-type medieval/spellcasting feel and to restrict servers to those operated by the developers (at least in the free version).

Director of Reverse Engineered Alien Technology
7b5 Labs -- Makers of Subatomic and XPilot
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm not digging those textures, the rest of the graphics look 80s retro but the textures are screaming 90s retro.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ