★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Hua Chen
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 71.2 MB
  • Version: 0.9.10
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Eyez is a 2D puzzle platformer where you play as the protagonist Mint, a girl who lost her memory, to explore a mysterious land. Use the Blue Eye to traverse the borders of her shattered reality, and open the Red Eye to expel the wandering nightmares. Eyez presents spatial logic in gameplay like you've never seen before.

Features:
- Use the Blue Eye and Red Eye abilities to explore 30+ mind-bending levels
- Change the way you think about space in game by solving tons of challenging puzzles
- Unique control schemes designed specifically for touch-screen controls
- Beautiful hand-drawn animations and cutscenes

If you have any feedback or suggestion, please contact me via email at:
TheEyezGame@gmail.com

* If you experience any problems, please send me an email. Be sure to include your phone model and system version, and if possible describe what happened. I will try to deliver a fix ASAP. Rating this game 1-star without explaining why won't help solve any issues. After all, I'm only one indie developer... Thanks very much for your support!!

Like Eyez on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/TheEyezGame

greyp's comments:

Hey guys,

I've been working on a game called Eyez for a few years. It was my MFA thesis project at the Interactive Media Division of the University of Southern California.

Eyez is a puzzle platformer that plays with the idea of "screen space". In Eyez the protagonist Mint has two abilities: the Blue Eye that lets you wrap the screen space, and the Red Eye that separates the screen space from the off-screen space. With these two unique mechanics there come a lot of interesting gameplay possibilities.

You can get an idea of the game from the gameplay video below:

Youtube link | Pop Up

30 seconds of mechanics demonstration:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Eyez was originally released on the Windows Phone Store in June 2013. The WP version of Eyez has been well received by many users from all over the world, and has been featured many times by Microsoft on the Windows Phone Store. I just ported it to iOS in late January this year.

Eyez can be downloaded via the link below, for free:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id931379232

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!
02-11-2015, 01:49 AM
I have not downloaded it yet. No storage left.
This is such an interesting game mechanic, it's completely genius if it works as well as I hope.

02-11-2015, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I have not downloaded it yet. No storage left.
This is such an interesting game mechanic, it's completely genius if it works as well as I hope.
Thanks for your reply and encouragement!

The game package might be a little too large, but I believe its gameplay experience is one of a kind. Please give it a try if you can squeeze out some storage on your phone!
02-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Is this free with an IAP to unlock levels or does it have ads (perhaps with an IAP to disable them)? I guess I'm just trying to ask: Free? What's the catch?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-11-2015, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Is this free with an IAP to unlock levels or does it have ads (perhaps with an IAP to disable them)? I guess I'm just trying to ask: Free? What's the catch?
It is free to download and you can play through the first 6 levels. After that an IAP is required to unlock the full version so you can enjoy the rest of the game. I guess it makes more sense to let people try out the game before they decide whether or not to pay for it.
02-11-2015, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyp View Post
It is free to download and you can play through the first 6 levels. After that an IAP is required to unlock the full version so you can enjoy the rest of the game. I guess it makes more sense to let people try out the game before they decide whether or not to pay for it.
Totally.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-11-2015, 04:58 AM
BTW on iOS7 the game will crash on the store screen if you try to unlock the full version. This bug has been fixed in the new update, which hopefully will be available within the next few days.
02-11-2015, 05:35 AM
Looks stunning!
Gotta try this one out.
02-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Looks stunning!
Gotta try this one out.
Thanks for your support!
02-11-2015, 11:02 AM
Hope more people can discover and enjoy this game!