★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Press Play. Dodge Walls.
3 Modes: Normal, Hard, and Radical!
What's your Best Score?

sink_or_swim's comments:

BeaverTap Games, LLC
Genres: Games Arcade Action

Press Play.
Dodge Walls.
Get Radical.

Supported Devices:
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone5s
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone4
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 10.7MB

02-11-2015, 06:12 AM

Game Center: sink_or_swim

02-11-2015, 06:20 AM
Game Impressions

02-11-2015, 06:23 AM
I've been lucky enough to have been playing this for about a week now, and I don't know what it is about the game. Seriously. It's just impossible to put down. Perhaps it's how the playing field keeps on changing inviting color after color every round, perhaps it's because you can either play in landscape or portrait, perhaps it's the fact that the game has the greatest trailer in the history of trailerkind, maybe it's because of how awesome the Whitaker Trebella track is, perhaps it's because the controls are as flawless as those in the Mikey series, perhaps it's because there's not a single IAP in sight, perhaps (yeah, I know...perhaps this perhaps crap is getting tedious) your score's just good enough to earn you a free try (by watching an ad) ONCE AND ONLY ONCE per round (no Pay to Win bullshit) or...PERHAPS IT'S JUST BECAUSE OF CARTER DOTSON'S EJKDFHKLWDWEHF SCORES THAT I CAN'T BEAT IN EITHER NORMAL OR HARD!!!!!!...

...but yeah, I have not touched a single twitch-based game ever since Radical graced my phone. It's THAT good.

Now, I didn't want to bring this up so soon in the thread (I think Mike G's squinting his eyes at me right about now), but I would KILL to have a single $5 IAP to disable the pop-up ads once and for all. YES? YOU ALL WITH ME? GREAT!!!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Here is a further Gameplay Video...

iPlayApps.de - iOS Games Magazine - http://www.iplayapps.de
02-11-2015, 11:22 AM
It's one of the simple fast-paced casual games, but the trailer caught even the eye of the TouchArcade staff Will probably check it out once this one is out.
02-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Game Impressions

02-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Looking forward to crushing everyone's score later! Hahahahahahahahahaah

BTW thanks for your entertaining impressions as usual, metalcasket! Sounds even better than I expected, and my expectations were pretty high coming from Beavertap and co.

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 02-11-2015 at 01:16 PM.
02-11-2015, 02:46 PM
This is really gorgeous.
02-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Radical is the best game in the Hard/Twitchy/Endless genre of games I've played in a while. The music (by Whitaker Trebella) compliments the game very well. The controls, colours, 2 games modes (Normal and Hard) are all pretty much perfect. Some high score purists may balk at the ''watch video for extra life'' thing but it doesn't really bother me at all.

Oh and for those that don't know, Radical is developed by Mike and Mike of BeaverTap Games. Yes, the guys who made the excellent Mikey Trilogy. No, I didn't see this coming either.

Those guys are awesome. This game is Radical.

Normal Mode High Score - 212