★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Starship Captain is an epic role-playing strategy game where you travel from between star systems in search of adventure. You start with a small ship and some money and work to build a fortune and see the universe.
Along the way you can buy and sell cargo, accept missions, mine asteroids, attack and plunder other ships, upgrade your ship, and help others. You can talk to patrons of the spaceport bars to uncover multi-part missions and solve mysteries.
Game features:
Buy cargo at one spaceport and take it to another to sell for a profit.
Accept missions to deliver strange and unusual cargo.
Talk to characters at spaceport bars to hire crew, find treasure and unravel mysteries.
Upgrade your ships weapons, armor, shields and engines.
Fight other ships to take their cargo with a unique simple combat system.
Fly around asteroid fields and mine them for ore and precious metals.
Manage your fuel, crew and other factors to maximize profit.
Play completely for free, or buy relativity crystals to speed up travel between distance star systems.
Requires: iPad 2 or newer, iOS 8 or newer.
02-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Looks nice. Will try it as soon as it's available

02-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Looks nice. Will try it as soon as it's available
'Looks nice' ??
Are you an aquaintance of the developer. Cuz I dnt see any images... What makes you find the game nice??
02-11-2015, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirs View Post
'Looks nice' ??
Are you an aquaintance of the developer. Cuz I dnt see any images... What makes you find the game nice??
There are screenshots at the AppStore link. Everything's subjective, but "nice" isn't what comes to mind.
02-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucepolicy View Post
There are screenshots at the AppStore link. Everything's subjective, but "nice" isn't what comes to mind.
Agreed, checked it on the NZ store, but the graphics are really basic, like pink/ white spaceships that look like some sort of little squids
02-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Sounds good except for the timers and IAPs.
02-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirs View Post
'Looks nice' ??
I couldn't see any images here either, but a simple Google showed the images, pretty simple. And "nice" because I like the game theme and think it could be interesting. If you find the game dev's blog, you'll learn a bit more about why the simple gfx, chances of better gfx and such. Just search instead of stopping at the game's thread
02-11-2015, 05:42 PM
FTL Clone
02-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxter610 View Post
FTL Clone
I'm a big FTL fan. I'll check this game tomorrow to see how similar it is to FTL, but space battles don't seem anywhere near FTL EDIT: played a bit. This has zero resemblance to FTL. It's more like Elite or Space Trader, with very simple gfx.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 02-12-2015 at 07:41 PM.
02-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxter610 View Post
FTL Clone
This looks nothing like FTL. Looks more like a generic trader - like the kind you get programmed into a TI83 calculator back in 1996. Not at all like FTL though.