★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Turn-based strategy. Port of the original game "Ancient Empires".

The game takes place in a fantasy medieval kingdom of Thorin ruled by the benevolent King Galamar. The game begins with Galamar barely escaping a bloody coup by his younger brother Valadorn, who has taken control of the kingdom and declared a hunt on his brother.

---
Please see new game of ancient empires series on Appstore - Ancient Empire:Strike Back!
What's new comparing to Ancient Empires: Thorin battle
- added music
- new missions added
- lots of new maps added
- map editor is added
- graphics enhancement
- improved Artificial Intelligence
- pinch zoom added
- unit fight, movement confirm functions added
- game balance is reconsidered and improved
02-11-2015, 09:55 AM
OH MY GOD ANCIENT EMPIRES!!!! This game was so baddass. I remember playing this on my good old Nokia something like 12 years ago. I can't believe someone remade it.

02-11-2015, 11:00 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! My wish has come true!

Edit: it's just skirmish mode though, I wish it was the full game with the story mode. But I'll take it anyway HA

Last edited by Zynaerys; 02-11-2015 at 11:04 AM.
02-11-2015, 11:49 AM
I'm definitely interested in trying!
02-11-2015, 12:45 PM
YEEEEEEEEES! I can't believe it. About a couple months ago I went looking for a way to emulate java games from my flip phone JUST SO I could play Ancient Empires. I still have it on my Motorola V400. And then I found a thread that was for us to list the games we wish would come to iOS. I listed Fahrenheit and Ancient Empires I think... and my dreams are completely coming true.

Thank you for getting the license to port this game. I'm so stoked to download it.

So, if this is just the skirmish mode, will we be able to purchase the story mode eventually through an IAP unlock? My favorite part was definitely the Story Mode.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
02-11-2015, 01:07 PM
wooow i cant belive,game from my old nokia 6600

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere
02-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynaerys View Post
HOLY CRAP!!! My wish has come true!

Edit: it's just skirmish mode though, I wish it was the full game with the story mode. But I'll take it anyway HA
The story mode is actually there. Look under "Companies" on the main menu (which I suspect is actually supposed to read "Campaign").

The one thing that does seem to be missing is sound. There are blacked-out options for it in the settings menu, so maybe it'll be added in an update. I just can't believe someone still remembers this !
02-11-2015, 01:37 PM
AND my heart just sank. iOS 8.1 or later. For this game. Guess it must have been easier to code that way? But anyway, I will not be downloading or playing this one I guess. Terribly disappointing, as it is one of those classics for me. Well, if I can remember it when I eventually get a new phone, I'll give it a try.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides

Last edited by curtisrshideler; 02-11-2015 at 01:44 PM.
02-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Has it always said "fan game"? Interesting to put that in the title. Was the original a copy of something else?

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar