★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: If you like match-3 games and Tetris, you'll love Qubies. Move and rotate the falling pieces to match colors in groups of 3 cubes or more. The more cubes you match, the faster they fall.

Qubies color matching lights up the same part of the brain that loves puzzlers like Threes, Sudoku, and even the good old-fashioned Rubiks Cube. With simple touch controls, cheery colors, and a peppy soundtrack, Qubies is a minimalist match-3 game you wont want to put down.

Download Qubies for free and get unlimited Classic modeno ads or time-outs, just pure puzzle challenge. If Classic mode has you hooked, an in-app purchase unlocks more game modes and saves your high scores to the leaderboard.

Qubies Game Modes
- Classic: match colored blocks in clusters of 3 or more
- Sprint: like Classic mode on steroids, try to beat your best score in this fast-paced lightning round
- Rows: only matches containing horizontal rows earn points
- Countdown (coming soon): 100 seconds to make as many matches as you can
- Power-ups (coming soon): use power-ups hidden in cubes to get out of sticky situations

FOLLOW: @QubiesGame

Lukas Korba's comments:

What first reviews say?
"The game is totally thrilling and engaging" - Appszoom
"Tetris is addictive. Match-three puzzles are also addictive. So how do you effectively glue every man, woman, and child to their mobile device? You mate the two genres and brew up Qubies." - Gamezebo
"Qubies combines some of the best elements from other games in this genre and comes up with something quite refreshing and new." - The Gamer With Kids
02-12-2015, 03:48 AM
I really like how polished the game is. Its minimalistic design suits it well. I'm not entirely sure about the gameplay though. When I match 3 pieces of the same color it disappears as it supposed to and remaining pieces are falling down as expected. But sometimes they just stays hanging in free space after adjacent colors are matched. Mostly (or always?) when the original piece is placed horizontally. I don't understand why. Is this a bug or intention? I'd expect all remaining pieces to fall down eventually. Even if the goal is to think of the 3 color piece as one block, why its remainings ocassionally fall down? I don't know, it feels kinda strange. Or is it just me? Any impressions from anyone else? I'd like to purchase a premium version to be able to access GC but I'm on a fence about the game mechanics as of right now.

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash

02-12-2015, 05:08 AM
Hi macplash.

The rule for falling cubes is that only cubes ABOVE the match falls down. If you think about it it's the same as in Tetris, but in Tetris explodes the entire row so you couldn't had any "floating cubes".

My intention with Qubies was to bring a twist to traditional game mechanics. Every similar block falling game has a gravitation. In Qubies you have to think ahead to avoid hanging cubes which makes the game more difficult. It's more about strategy and logic thinking. The controversy of this was my intention as it changes the game play in an unusual way.
02-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Thanks for clarifying. I suspected it's gonna be an intention in the end, I just wasn't sure because with this feature the game indeed feels more difficult. Now I just need to adjust my approach and accept the game mechanics as explained to enjoy the game. Let me try again and I'll be back with more impressions later.
And I assume it's needless to say how great it is to discuss the game with its developer who actually cares. I appreciate that. Good luck with the game.

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash
02-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Nice game...will pick up premium. Any chance of some color theme options, like in Poptile?
02-13-2015, 04:52 AM
2 Macsplash: You're welcome, it's great to hear players comments as well! Have fun.

2 Vectorarchitect: not now but we're just finishing a new mode called Hundreds and starting working on a super cool mode Powers. Stay tuned
02-15-2015, 10:56 PM
Ok! Looking forward to it. One other request. Could you either provide music options, such as the ambient sounds in the pause screen rather than the techno stuff or....
Have an option to just turn it down rather than off completely?
I think the more mellow sounds like the pause music make for a more enjoyable experience and keep you relaxed while playing a game like this.....

Last edited by vectorarchitekt; 02-15-2015 at 11:00 PM.
02-27-2015, 05:04 AM
Hi vectorarchitekt, thanks for the suggestion with music. We were discussing this a lot and finally decided to give the music more personal character than ambient feel. Anyway it's important comment for us and if we will get the same feedback by other players we are definitely open to change the soundtrack. Thanks!
03-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Hi Lukas,

I really like the look and gameplay.

One small problem I have is when I pause. When I come back, my block has rotated. This is unexpected and I usually end up having a block land in a position I didn't want.

Thanks
03-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJupiter50 View Post
Hi Lukas,

I really like the look and gameplay.

One small problem I have is when I pause. When I come back, my block has rotated. This is unexpected and I usually end up having a block land in a position I didn't want.

Thanks
Thanks mate! Do I get right that the brick rotates without any interaction? You just come back and it makes a rotation by itself?