Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 09-24-2009, 07:54 PM

I found Hard 8 to be pretty tough. One of the few levels I felt thumpers were useful in. However, I didn't beat it until I focused on putting in a few lasers to supplement my thumpers. I made a thumper on endcaps oriented maze (snakebacks) in the top portion (I tried going down the left size to moderate success first), with 2 lasers thrown in (not necessarily along a straight designed for lasers) and 2 shock towers.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaNeetoch View Post
Rockets.
Alright thanks, here's what i came up with on my second try.. it got so crazy at the end i couldnt spend the money fast enough! This is one of those levels that once you get control of it, you wish more waves would come!

It was 'ghetto yes, and so i'm ranked 105 in OpenFeint if you're curious how far that strategy will get you... but i beat it so ha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-5.jpg (101.0 KB, 219 views)
Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Try beating my score in Looking Glass. I've been #1 since like the first day, and no one has come close yet.

Granted there are only 599 recorded scores, compared to 50,000 in level 1.

Speaking of that, if there are 50k scores recorded for the first level, and you have to imagine that at least half the people that buy Swarm will NOT sign up for openfeint (probably higher), that's at least 100,000 units sold. Of course, that doesn't account for piracy.
I don't get why someone wouldn't sign up for openfeint! I thought it was the easiest sign up, i did it in mingore first, then when i played Swarm, it recognized my iphone and i didn't have to do anything! it's really fast even on 3G and it's kind of fun. I have only a few buddies because i just started checking it, but i can see that it would be easy to get a group together

also give me some time, i haven't even gotten to Looking Glass yet!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublezz View Post
At the begining of the game, focus on thurnder tower, build them as many as possible, mixed with shock tower as the picture does.

Then in the middle of the game start replacing some thurnder tower with rocket tower as the picture.

Don't forget to upgrade the shock towser as well.

I finally beat the hatch.... Yay !!!!! About damn time too.... I've clocked geo defense & most of swarm & that was by far the hardest level...

I followed the picture posted above & just upgraded everything I had at the end to as much as I could... I got some of my thump towers to max... I got shock towers to like 6... And missles to 5 then stopped them...
thanks to all for the advice
Old 09-24-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
Yay, #47 on Hard 3: The Race is On.

I definitely used the spiral laser strategy, at the end, it may even be overkill!

This, just like the first geodefense, is my favorite game and honestly the best bang for your buck out there. I honestly would pay much more for it after all the hours i've spent on it!
I agree totally. I'm currently #2 on The Race Is On with 83mil and I'm struggling to figure out how the person in #1 has over 120mil. Hell, I can't even come close to my 83mil in a replay right now. :<

The spiral strategy really is overkill, and makes me wonder why I had such a hard time with the level in the first place.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:15 AM

Aaaargh .... I'm stuck at hard 1. It's so viciously unforgiving. I'm laughing hard every time wave 17 comes along and walks all over me. Reminds me of the good ol days when game developers just didn't give a hoot about pleasing the crowd. Geodefense Swarm is tough loving at it's butt-spanking best. I love it. But it's making me want to crush my Iphone at the same time.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:21 AM

Default help with hard 2 (lovely flowers)

i can get to the last wave.
can anyone help me out, a screenshot would be nice.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 PM

Medium 2? Bueller?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 PM

Hard 1 already has a solution posted on this page. Make a really, really long blaster maze, and then get to placing and upgrading as many missiles as you can after that.

Medium 2 and Hard 2 are both beaten essentially the same way. Funnel creeps into an area where they can be hit by a bunch of missiles, that's it. Nothing special other than that. The layouts of the maps make it seem like you can't really funnel the creeps well, but if you look at them carefully you can find a way.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommo View Post
Aaaargh .... I'm stuck at hard 1. It's so viciously unforgiving. I'm laughing hard every time wave 17 comes along and walks all over me. Reminds me of the good ol days when game developers just didn't give a hoot about pleasing the crowd. Geodefense Swarm is tough loving at it's butt-spanking best. I love it. But it's making me want to crush my Iphone at the same time.
I love this post so much. I just had to say that.

Oh and GeoDefense Classic has an update out with 4 new levels.