Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-10-2010, 01:45 AM

Default My approach to Geo Swarm

First, let me say that Geo Defense swarm is one heck of a great game, one of my favorite for the iPhone. Don't misinterpret my comments below as "the game sucks."

But one of the things I don't like about this tower defense game is the multiplier. When creeps die close to the exit, you get a bigger multiplier and consequently a bigger score.

Personally, this translates to me as "the less well you design your level, the more likely you are to get a high score." Getting a high score involves letting creeps get close to the exit, racking up a hugh multiplier, then finishing the level to get a high score. Again, this 'feels' like the game is rewarding poor defense or 'procrastination.' I guess I'm just not into that aspect of the game yet.

But what I do like doing is replaying the level trying to avoid leaking any creeps at all. So I replay the levels until I find solid solutions. By solid, I mean solutions that are never likely to get high scores because they kill all the creeps keeping them far away from the exit.

So after playing Skippy's Revenge for the 50th time, I finally had a epiphany! Why the heck do I insist on thinking symetrically...

Behold my breakthrough.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_8001.png (278.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: png IMG_8002.png (236.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png IMG_8003.png (233.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png IMG_8006.png (303.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png IMG_8007.png (237.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-10-2010, 01:48 AM

My 'solid' solution to chromosome.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_8008.png (292.0 KB, 109 views)
Old 05-11-2010, 07:33 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Default Suggestions?

So I finished geo defense and swarm... LOVED it... Any suggestions on other awsome tower defense games for ipod touch?
Old 05-15-2010, 02:07 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

My strategy for H10 "Crazy's 88", i lost this level with 3.273 billion =)

Enjoy !

Old 06-21-2010, 01:15 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Has anyone completed "Triple-U" without letting ANY creeps through? I can complete the level relatively easily, but I always let at least one creep through.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
iPhone 3GS

Default Multiplier Explaination (from Dev)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMark View Post
But one of the things I don't like about this tower defense game is the multiplier. When creeps die close to the exit, you get a bigger multiplier and consequently a bigger score.

Personally, this translates to me as "the less well you design your level, the more likely you are to get a high score." Getting a high score involves letting creeps get close to the exit, racking up a hugh multiplier, then finishing the level to get a high score. Again, this 'feels' like the game is rewarding poor defense or 'procrastination.' I guess I'm just not into that aspect of the game yet.
Speaking as the guy who made the game... (grin)

So the thing is... this is a classic risk vs. reward thing. The multiplier is more when you take on greater risk. Killing a creep really early has no risk that it'll slip through by the hair of its chinny chin chin. But if you have to control your damage dealing so that things die really close to where they can slip through... that takes much more skill. And hence why the multiplier bonus for that.

-- David
Old 08-29-2010, 01:25 AM

Default easy 10 endless lvl 150

easy 10 endless level 150
can any1 post an image that can beat this?
Old 09-03-2010, 05:56 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMark View Post
To solve the groove I sold most of the laser towers except the leftmost and closest to the exit, then built a missile tower and two thumpers next to entrance. I upgraded one thumper completely and the other thumper and the missile tower a few times. As money rolls in build a couple thumpers to and another missile tower and upgrade them all.
I like this idea, but take it further. Sell all the lasers - what use is a base level laser anyway? Two rockets at the entry, one thumper they have to circle around, fenced in by 2 more thumpers so they have to go up, and a selection of rockets near the exit. You should be able to get the rockets to level 6 and the thumper to level 7 before creeps even reach them.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:48 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Default Quadnauseum?

This is the only level that continues to elude me. :$ This is also the only level with which I require some advice. Has anyone beaten it yet?
Old 11-06-2010, 11:05 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Lol of course as soon as I ask for help, I actually beat the frigging level. ^_^ For anyone else stuck on it, here's what I did. It's hard to see because of the fireworks (the game was probably like FINALLY she beat it!), but I did the rows of green towers closest to the start first. Then I did the rows of green towers closest to the ends of each row. As soon as I had enough I built the four blue towers, and then the four thump towers. I fully upgraded the thumpers, and then upgraded the lasers as quickly as I could. I concentrated mostly on the bottom left tower, because the layout of the leftmost lane doesn't allow the creeps to get hit from two sides, so it's the most vulnerable. Finally!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (97.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by xaphanea; 11-06-2010 at 11:07 PM..