★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Thank you for 1 MILLION downloads! We're celebrating by making the game FREE for all iOS players, as well as giving you free NEW puzzles daily! Thanks for supporting Mighty Switch Force! Hose It Down!

---

WayForwards award-winning Mighty Switch Force series, transformed into a pick-up-and-play puzzler!

Team up with Officer Patricia Wagon to save Tangent City from a fiery blaze! As a member of Planet Lands Fire Brigade, your job is to douse the fire in each building -- and to evacuate any Hooligan Sisters who may be trapped inside. Its a dangerous job, but if anyone can save the city, you and Patty can!

Use your finger to slide blocks around the playfield, and tap & hold Officer Wagon to let loose a powerful water spray from her Infinity Dousing Apparatus (err... hose). Douse all of the flames, and the stage is clear! Sounds easy, right?

Block types vary from simple slide-puzzle obstacles to full-blown brain-busters like Turnpike Blocks, Mud Blocks, and Cloak Blocks. Each level has been lovingly crafted and is WayForward Certified, guaranteed to challenge, befuddle, and tickle your fancy.

This version includes:

-25 puzzles spread across 5 Worlds.

-Fully illustrated cutscenes

-Speed Run challenges and Game Center support

-An incredible soundtrack by Jake Virt Kaufman

-Free puzzles every day in our new "Today's Puzzle" feature

-Additional puzzle pack available as paid DLC

The game is now ad supported and FREE to all iOS players! Any purchase removes ads permanently, and players that have already paid will never encounter ads!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Language: English
- Seller: WayForward
- Copyright 2015 WayForward Technologies, Inc.

Rated 9+ for the following:

- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Optimized for:

iPhone 4s/5/5c/5s/6/6+
iPod 5
iPad 2/3/4/Air/Air2
iPad Mini 1/2/3

Compatible with:
iPhone 4
iPod 4
02-12-2015, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Holy crap. Finally. I was going insane waiting for this yesterday!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

02-12-2015, 04:19 AM
So this is not a side scroller like wiiu/3ds?
02-12-2015, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyray View Post
So this is not a side scroller like wiiu/3ds?
Nope...it's basically a block slider puzzle game. If you're not into those games, there's absolutely no changing that, but what you have here is really well put together, with a great soundtrack. I personally don't really care for these kinds of games, but I've been enjoying this quite a bit. I guess it's the optional speed running aspect which has me hooked. Having to douse flames at the same time as moving bits and pieces around, in order to hit an initially impossible 10 second par time is really fun.

Oh, and I decided to take one for the team and find out how many extra puzzles you get for an extra dollar. Another 25. For $2.99 youre getting 50 handcrafted puzzles. Of course since this is TouchArcade, people will find that a massive reason to complain, but I think it's a fair price.

EDIT: 125 MB installed, for those who want to know.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-12-2015 at 04:39 AM.
02-12-2015, 04:44 AM
Thanks Casket! Was waiting for this one too!
02-12-2015, 04:50 AM
I was starting to think ill will come next week. A great surprise.
02-12-2015, 05:18 AM
Why this game is not on "Out Now" post?

The trailer looks great! This might be the best puzzler of the year so far.

EDIT: Tried to buy and got the message: "The item you tried to buy is no longer available". Pulled?

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 02-12-2015 at 05:26 AM.
02-12-2015, 05:37 AM
Not really sure what happened here. While trying to buy the extra levels, the pop-up would come and go quite a few times. Even though I never actually hit the buy button for them, they unlocked and I assumed I may have hit the purchase button at some point without noticing. After closing the app a few times, I found that I didn't actually buy them and the restore button doesn't do anything. Oh well, at least we know how many extras there are.

Word of advice: It looks like Pocket Gamer have a review coming out soon and they say you should probably wait for it. Like I said, if you like block sliding puzzles, you'll dig this. If you don't...you won't.

02-12-2015, 06:05 AM
Was able to buy it in the UK. Had no idea this game was even a thing, never mind that it was coming soon. Now WayForward, let's talk about Mighty Flip Champs...

Mighty Switch Force! Hose It Down - Official Trailer

02-12-2015, 06:52 AM
OH MY GOD NO WAY.
Love love love love WayForward!

The gods of the eShop have come to bless iOS once again

Edit: Damn... Thought this was a port of Mighty Switch Force 2...

Last edited by JCho133; 02-12-2015 at 06:54 AM.