★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What ports would you like to see now that the download limit has been doubled?

02-12-2015, 05:12 PM
What ports would you like to see now that the download limit has been doubled?

This is one of those threads where all the substance is in the title and the message body is just padding.

I guess I'll start with the obvious: Takashi Tokita said that an IOS FFVII would be "years away" because of the 2gb size limit. Might be coming a lot quicker now. I hope.
02-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagog View Post
this is one of those threads where all the substance is in the title and the message body is just padding.

I guess i'll start with the obvious: Takashi tokita said that an ios ffvii would be "years away" because of the 2gb size limit. Might be coming a lot quicker now. I hope.
gta iv

02-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Still the same top wishlist for me...

Vagrant Story (although this is smaller)
Valkyrie Profile
FF7/8/9
Shadow of the Colossus
Onimusha 1/2/3/4

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Final Fantasy X maybe? The processing power is there, the A5 is enough for PS2 games as displayed by GTA San Andreas which was more taxing on the PS2 than FFX and it had higher framerate on A5 devices than the PS2 version with higher graphics. The review for FFX on PS Vita makes it seem that might not be the case despite the fact it technically should.
02-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Here are mine:
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (though I'd prefer City, I think Asylum is the more attainable game of the two)
- Red Dead Redemption
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- Star Wars: Battlefront (I or II)
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

When it comes to meatier games, these are about all I really want
02-13-2015, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
Here are mine:
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (though I'd prefer City, I think Asylum is the more attainable game of the two)
- Red Dead Redemption
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- Star Wars: Battlefront (I or II)
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

When it comes to meatier games, these are about all I really want
I don't see Red Dead and Batman coming to iOS any time soon. Realistically the only device I see running those games is the iPad Air 2 and that would probably look like bioshock with those lowered graphics.
02-13-2015, 12:11 PM
Bioshock only looked bad because of the low app size limit forced 2K to use low-quality textures, not because of any limitations with the A-series GPUs. A7 and A8 devices should be able to run it just fine without any downgrading of graphics.

Devices: iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 6 Game center ID: volcanopele
Current Games: Ascension, Minecraft: PE, Jade Empire, Panzer Corps, Twilight Struggle
02-21-2015, 06:12 AM
I say,Like i say every time,that it's funny that The port i want on iOS will never happen cause Apple will never approved The game,also if The developer are Rockstar Games,but,i will love to see MANHUNT on iOS 
02-21-2015, 08:10 AM
I would love to see the full port of The Sims 3, although its still just a fantasy for now. Any games from Valve will be a dream came true! A full port of Borderlands or one of its sequels is gonna be great!
02-21-2015, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcanopele View Post
Bioshock only looked bad because of the low app size limit forced 2K to use low-quality textures, not because of any limitations with the A-series GPUs. A7 and A8 devices should be able to run it just fine without any downgrading of graphics.
2k use low-Quality Textures on BIOSHOCK not cause The app size limit,but cause The framerate,I'm a possessor of an iPhone 6 Plus,after last update for iPhone 6,6plus,it look better,but,on low resolution,they don't want a compromise between low FPS and graphics,at native resolution on console it's Full hd,1980x1020p,at that resolution,that it's The native of The iPhone 6 plus,You had at last 10-15 FPS,You play a FPS With that framerate? I prefer Like it's Now,Without any lags,or framerate drop..