What ports would you like to see now that the download limit has been doubled?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sinagog, Feb 12, 2015.

1. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    This is one of those threads where all the substance is in the title and the message body is just padding.

I guess I'll start with the obvious: Takashi Tokita said that an IOS FFVII would be "years away" because of the 2gb size limit. Might be coming a lot quicker now. I hope.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

gta iv

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Still the same top wishlist for me...

Vagrant Story (although this is smaller)
    Valkyrie Profile
    FF7/8/9
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Onimusha 1/2/3/4

4. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Final Fantasy X maybe? The processing power is there, the A5 is enough for PS2 games as displayed by GTA San Andreas which was more taxing on the PS2 than FFX and it had higher framerate on A5 devices than the PS2 version with higher graphics. The review for FFX on PS Vita makes it seem that might not be the case despite the fact it technically should.

5. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Here are mine:
    - Batman: Arkham Asylum (though I'd prefer City, I think Asylum is the more attainable game of the two)
    - Red Dead Redemption
    - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    - Star Wars: Battlefront (I or II)
    - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

When it comes to meatier games, these are about all I really want :)

6. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    I don't see Red Dead and Batman coming to iOS any time soon. Realistically the only device I see running those games is the iPad Air 2 and that would probably look like bioshock with those lowered graphics.

7. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Bioshock only looked bad because of the low app size limit forced 2K to use low-quality textures, not because of any limitations with the A-series GPUs. A7 and A8 devices should be able to run it just fine without any downgrading of graphics.

8. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I say,Like i say every time,that it's funny that The port i want on iOS will never happen cause Apple will never approved The game,also if The developer are Rockstar Games,but,i will love to see MANHUNT on iOS 

9. Myqpalzm

Myqpalzm Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Pamulang, Indonesia
    I would love to see the full port of The Sims 3, although its still just a fantasy for now. Any games from Valve will be a dream came true! A full port of Borderlands or one of its sequels is gonna be great!

10. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    2k use low-Quality Textures on BIOSHOCK not cause The app size limit,but cause The framerate,I'm a possessor of an iPhone 6 Plus,after last update for iPhone 6,6plus,it look better,but,on low resolution,they don't want a compromise between low FPS and graphics,at native resolution on console it's Full hd,1980x1020p,at that resolution,that it's The native of The iPhone 6 plus,You had at last 10-15 FPS,You play a FPS With that framerate? I prefer Like it's Now,Without any lags,or framerate drop..

11. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Neverwinter Nights 1 and Torchlight 2

12. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    #12 Warriv, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    I'd love those to come true, mostly because I still haven't played torchlight 2. Has there been any news on the Mac release?

Neverwinter could be an interface nightmare though, that game had circular menus within circular menus. But who knows, maybe it could work, since there's a pause button anyway.

I'd kill for a Diablo port. Baldurs gate was released, so I don't know why blizzard doesn't follow through with their earlier games. Starcraft would be a blast as well.

Edit: wasn't aware that T2 is out on Mac already, I should probably try it out. I just don't play as much on my Mac, however, mobile has been more than enough for me.

13. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Rockstar games' bully!!!

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I know this has nothing to do with the size of this game, but I just HAVE to toss this in just because, well-just because!! I want Jungle King by Taito! Have it on MAME, but I'd like to have it stand-alone. I'd take it on Android too if they'd offer it! One or the other, and I'm happy! Man, back in the day I spent boo-coo bucks playing it in the arcades! Bought the stand up machine years later, but don't have that anymore, so it would be SO great for me to have it in my pocket now!

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I just really want Shenmue 1 & 2! D':

16. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    There are tons of PSP Fighting games that I would like to see on iOS (Naruto, Fate/Stay Unlimited Codes, DragonBall) but doubt we'll see them. After the success of MHFU, I'm hoping we might see more PSP ports.

17. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I would looove to see an Okami port. The drawing spells already seem made for the ipad.

18. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Seconded.

19. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Are you referencing Tenkaichi Tag Team? OMG definitely!