★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

MAYHEM! - 2D Arcade Game

02-12-2015, 06:08 PM
MAYHEM! - 2D Arcade Game

Hello TA'ers!

I’m happy to announce my first game, MAYHEM! will be releasing on the AppStore this month.

Here is the teaser trailer -

I will update this thread with more MAYHEM! news once I get everything in order.

Thanks for reading.

James

---
DEADJAM

PRODUCER: THUMB SPACE | GAME DESIGN: MAYHEM! ON iOS 50% SALE | @DEADJAM

Last edited by deadjam; 02-13-2015 at 04:28 PM.
02-13-2015, 02:55 AM
The teaser is intriguing. I would love to know a bit more about the gameplay though... but then again, that is the role of a teaser!

02-13-2015, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
The teaser is intriguing. I would love to know a bit more about the gameplay though... but then again, that is the role of a teaser!
Firstly, thank you so much for my first reply for my first ever thread!

You will receive a promo code for MAYHEM! early next week and as a token of my gratitude one for every game I make - I hope to release a game a year. Anyway, that might not be such a great prize, wait until you play my games!

Yes it's a real tease(r) - I made it before the game was finished and wanted to learn After Effects and the process of producing a trailer etc.

MAYHEM! will be out soon and the main trailer will be out early next week.

---
DEADJAM

02-13-2015, 04:32 PM
+ I will post 10x promo codes on Monday to other TA users in the Promo Codes & Contest section.

---
DEADJAM

02-13-2015, 10:55 PM
Wow, thanks a lot! I'll definitely provide some feedback in this thread (and/or post-release thread as well).
Thanks!
02-14-2015, 09:03 AM
I am excited to hear more about Mayhem.
It almost reminds me of the futuristic movies where there were alternative forms of punishment.
Then again... I could be way off. LOL
02-14-2015, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
I am excited to hear more about Mayhem.
It almost reminds me of the futuristic movies where there were alternative forms of punishment.
Then again... I could be way off. LOL
All will be revealed in a few days. I just hope I don't get burned for creating too much of a tease!

Story wise you are close, my influences were Running Man and Rollerball. However, the game's backstory doesn't really feature in the game. Those films were responsible for giving me the idea for the game and therefore featured in the Teaser when I didn't have any footage to capture. A bit long winded I know

When I come up with ideas for games (although, this will be my first release I have about 10 concepts swirling around my head) I often start with a narrative and then go from there, it just makes it more enjoyable for me.

The teaser trailer was created as a bit of fun and to learn from. I'm a nobody right now in the world of iOS games and I had the choice of just releasing my game or creating something that might drum up some interest.

That's all for now...

PS You will also get a promo code as I like your thinking!

---
DEADJAM

Last edited by deadjam; 02-14-2015 at 06:41 PM.
02-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Judging by an illustration I saw you posted on twitter a while back, we should expect high quality graphics for this and if the gameplay compliments the graphics, we should be in for a pretty darn good ride.

I look forward to its launch!
02-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgamerr View Post
Judging by an illustration I saw you posted on twitter a while back, we should expect high quality graphics for this and if the gameplay compliments the graphics, we should be in for a pretty darn good ride.

I look forward to its launch!
Thank you shadowgamerr. The pressure is on

---
DEADJAM

02-15-2015, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadjam View Post
All will be revealed in a few days. I just hope I don't get burned for creating too much of a tease!

Story wise you are close, my influences were Running Man and Rollerball. However, the game's backstory doesn't really feature in the game. Those films were responsible for giving me the idea for the game and therefore featured in the Teaser when I didn't have any footage to capture. A bit long winded I know

When I come up with ideas for games (although, this will be my first release I have about 10 concepts swirling around my head) I often start with a narrative and then go from there, it just makes it more enjoyable for me.

The teaser trailer was created as a bit of fun and to learn from. I'm a nobody right now in the world of iOS games and I had the choice of just releasing my game or creating something that might drum up some interest.

That's all for now...

PS You will also get a promo code as I like your thinking!
'That's all for now??!!' Ok fine... I forgive you....

Thank you for the future promo code!

I love the futuristic society type genre. It's interesting to me to think about how far human beings will go for the sake of rightousness and justice, etc..... If only I had a time machine..... But, obviously I don't have one or I might have looked at your game! Ha ha

Looking forward to playing.