★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Brunswick Pro Bowling is the best bowling game available for iOS phones and tablets.

Developed by FarSight Studios (the creators of the award winning Pinball Arcade), this free-to-play mobile game is the most realistic bowling experience you can get without lacing up a pair of bowling shoes.

Skillful players can now GO PRO and play for real money!

Upgrade your bowling with all of the latest Brunswick equipment with future ball releases to be added in updates.

So whether you prefer to Practice your game on different oil patterns, try your hand at one of many Career challenges, or compete in REAL MONEY TOURNAMENTS

Videogame Bowling just doesn't get any better than this!

(c) 2015 FarSight Studios
FarSight Studios is an official licensee of Brunswick Bowling & Billiards Corp.
02-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Been looking for a bowling game to replace Bowling Kings, where you get your in-game money ripped off for no reason! Hope this is da bomb!

02-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Graphics and sounds are nice. Is it the best bowling game available on iOS like the developers say? My opinion disagrees with their bold statement. But I'm not going to keep a bowling game with timers on my phone long enough to make sure. Having a hard time adjusting to the slow rolling speed of the ball. Also, it's the first bowling game I've seen that is in landscape and not portrait mode.
02-12-2015, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Graphics and sounds are nice. Is it the best bowling game available on iOS like the developers say? My opinion disagrees with their bold statement. But I'm not going to keep a bowling game with timers on my phone long enough to make sure. Having a hard time adjusting to the slow rolling speed of the ball. Also, it's the first bowling game I've seen that is in landscape and not portrait mode.
I agree with you here. And man, even if the only thing it had against it was that slow rolling speed of the ball, the way the lane seems to fly by while the ball hardly moves, I would delete it (which I did), but since it's got other issues, obviously this isn't gonna be my go-to bowling game. Oh well...
02-13-2015, 02:31 PM
Impressive bowling game, but...

Now that I've figured out how to roll a reasonably fast ball (which requires starting the swipe action from a point on the screen that is below the ball, instead of starting with one's finger directly on the ball), I'm enjoying the remarkably accurate pin action and beautiful graphics -- which are better than any of the many other iOS bowling games on my iPad. There are six differently themed alleys that all look great, and the camera movement is nicely done. The only thing that dampens my enthusiasm a bit is the requirement to have enough "Brunswick energy" points to be able to continue playing AI opponents in tournaments. There are no instructions about how to replenish these energy points without paying real money for them, but I've noticed that a few points are accrued when you play all ten frames of a practice round. If it turns out that the game forces players to wait a while, or to pay real money, in order to continue playing this will diminish my enjoyment and cause me to post less than the five-star rating that this game would merit if it didn't have this energy-point requirement.

Last edited by Grist; 02-13-2015 at 02:35 PM. Reason: omitted a key point
03-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Today's update ruins this game

Today's update caused all of my progress (built up over several weeks, ever since the game was introduced) to be lost, and lowered the rolling speed of the ball from 17 mph to 7 mph, transforming this game into a slow-motion disaster. Because of these problems, I've lowered my original App Store rating from 4 stars to 2 stars, and that is being charitable in light of the issues caused by the update. It's hard to believe that the gaming company that mastered the complexities of pinball tables could mess up what had been the best bowling game for iOS -- which is not to say that the previous release didn't need significant improvements. Instead of improvements, FarSight has given us a joyless gaming experience.
03-19-2015, 09:34 PM
PBA Bowling Challenge remains the best bowling game on ios right now.
Always keeping my eyes open but to date, nothing has compared