★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hovercraft is the #1 hover action simulation, arcade racing, custom vehicle building, totally addicting, physics based, breakout hit game of the year!

* Build a completely custom Hovercraft in a simple, yet powerful editor
* Blast your way down an urban highway in the sky
* Dodge and weave through traffic at insane speeds
* Cause crazy chain reaction crashes and watch Hovercrafts go flying!
* Experience physics based hovering, collision and destruction
* Earn huge rewards for piloting your Hovercraft skillfully, and dangerously!
* Collect and win over 80 unique Hovercrafts, or create your own fleet from scratch

"I love my Hovercrafts more than my dog." - Margaret from California
"I can't stop playing Hovercraft! It's the best game I've played since ever." - Noah from New Zealand
"You can race them? I just build the craziest Hovercrafts I can imagine and watch them wobble over the pavement!" - Spark from New York

Follow us!
https://www.facebook.com/HovercraftGame
https://twitter.com/HovercraftGame

Please note this app is not compatible with iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4.

PeteOzzy's comments:

Hovercraft - Build Fly Retry

High Score Hero LLC
Genres: Games Arcade Racing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Hovercraft is the #1 hover action simulation, arcade racing, custom vehicle building, totally addicting, physics based, breakout hit game of the year!

* Build a completely custom Hovercraft in a simple, yet powerful editor
* Blast your way down an urban highway in the sky
* Dodge and weave through traffic at insane speeds
* Cause crazy chain reaction crashes and watch Hovercrafts go flying!
* Experience physics based hovering, collision and destruction
* Earn huge rewards for piloting your Hovercraft skillfully, and dangerously!
* Collect and win over 50 unique Hovercrafts, or create your own fleet from scratch

"I love my Hovercrafts more than my dog." - Margaret from California
"I can't stop playing Hovercrafts! It's the best game I've played since… ever." - Noah from New Zealand
"You can race them? I just build the craziest Hovercrafts I can imagine and watch them wobble over the pavement!" - Spark from New York

Follow us!
https://www.facebook.com/hovercraftgame
https://twitter.com/HovercraftGame

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4S
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone5
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 51.7MB

02-17-2015, 12:24 AM
We're super excited to share this preview with everyone. We're a small two person studio and have been working hard at making Hovercraft as fun as possible.

I'd truly love and appreciate any/all feedback! We're deep into our first update and are wrapping up some meaty features. Since we're so small, we can respond quickly to feedback and requests.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions and I'll be sure to answer them asap. Thanks so much for checking out Hovercraft.

We'll be live world wide on March 5th!

Big thanks to PeteOzzy for the thread.

02-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Just wanted to share some of our favorite custom/user made Hovercrafts with you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	28
Size:	647.8 KB
ID:	84074   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	4
Size:	471.2 KB
ID:	84075   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	13
Size:	447.5 KB
ID:	84076  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	4
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	84077   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	14
Size:	484.3 KB
ID:	84078   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	18
Size:	601.8 KB
ID:	84079  

02-21-2015, 06:03 PM
This looks incredibly awesome. Can't wait to try it!
02-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks so much for the kind words. Our 1.1 is now live in CA/NZ, some great new features in there. We'll be live world wide in less than a week!
02-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Can't wait for this to hit the UK. Looks cool.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
02-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Fun to play. Touch the right side to slide right and the left side to slide left. My longest run so far is 226. When designing your own hovercraft, you have to place the thrusters and such so some skill does play into it. Wondering if in the future we will be able to share our creations. I'm wishing the x-wing was purchasable, I'd gladly buy that. New Hovercraft are bought with in game cash, much like Crossy Roads in a user interface that is also... much like Crossy Roads. (much much like) The game is addictive and even crashing is fun. I have five hovercraft in about twenty minutes and many more to collect. If you like games with collectables, grab this.

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
03-05-2015, 12:55 AM
It's the wrong time for this game. Everyone still plays ag drive. 😄
03-05-2015, 04:42 AM
Gameplay-wise I don't like the game. I scored over 500 in my first attempt and it's enough to say I'm not gonna try anymore. It's the exact opposite of AG Drive (as someone already mentioned the game above). It's incredibly slow, it feels so heavy-load, it even feels like playing in slowmotion. I tried it on iPad mini 2 so it's definitely not a hardware problem. It feels like operating huge spacecraft in zero gravity just using the underpowered thrusters (not that I have any kind of experience with that, it's just how I imagine it would feel). If it's author's intention to get that kind of feel, I get it, but I just don't like it. It deserves to be more hectic, faster. Even the interface motion when you picking up your hovercraft is slow. The game shares the same mechanics with Crossy Road. Now compare how fast you can browse through all the characters there. Another comparison are the coins. It works the same in both games, but where the crossy road is fast paced and on one run you're able to collect 25-30 coins easily, in Hovercraft I saw one coin during my flight and I missed it anyway because to get from one side of the screen to another takes like 5 seconds. As I said, gameplay-wise, I wouldn't recommend it. Just try for yourself and make your own opinion, it's free after all.

BUT! But there's this editor to build your own hovercraft. You remember Space Qube® and its editor? Creating anything in there was just terrible, required some much effort and never felt just right. Now on the other hand the editor in Hovercraft is AWESOME! It's so user friendly, so intuitive, everything works flawlessly and feels inredibly smooth. It's so effortless to create anything there. I just love it. Everyone should try to build something in it, it's so satisfying. I can't be more thrilled about the editor, it's just a masterpiece.

The game as a whole package feels so controversial. It reminds me of Spore. It has this amazing editor to create any creature you can think of but the game itself was nothing special. Luckily there was (and still is, for 5$ on Origin) a way to buy just the editor without the rest of the game. Since the Hovercraft is free, you can enjoy its editor how much you want and create anything you can think of. I'm sure I'll spend a fair share of my time with it even though I'm aware of the fact I'm never gonna fly my creations because of the reasons described in first section of my feedback. I'm gonna support the developer and buy a few ships just because of the quality of in-game's editor. It's well deserved and I thank you for that. So much from me, I just wanted to share my thoughts on this. Good luck.

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash
03-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Thanks so much for the honest and detailed feedback CygnetSeven and macplash. Really well said, much appreciated, and gives us great thoughts and goals for future updates.

- I wish the x-wing was purchasable too...

- We definitely have plans in the near future to include more social/sharing of custom hovercrafts. At the moment you can share images and video which is cool, but deeper, more meaningful sharing is definitely on the plan.

- Great feedback on the gameplay and controls. We're definitely not as super-fast as some of the other racers out there, but I really want to see what we can do here to make it feel even better. One thing that may help a little is our next update which will allow for 60 fps on higher end devices.

- Thanks for the kind words about the editor. We are really proud of it and think it balances usability and control. If you have any suggestions to make the editor even better, we'd love to hear them.

- We can't wait to see what kind of Hovercrafts you all create! Please share them here or with our twitter @hovercraftgame

As always, we love all the feedback, good and bad. It will help us make a better game for all of you. Always happy to answer any questions.