★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fly like never before! Soar through beautiful islands, solving exciting physics based challenges. Unlock and upgrade amazing new characters to unleash their powers. Race against your friends and other players for fame and glory!

FEATURES:
Unique physics based flying adventure
Discover secret paths and avoid tricky hazards
Multiplayer action! - Compete and fly with your friends even without constant internet connection
Bust your friends best scores to get extra rewards
Unlock all quirky Oddwings with different special powers, such as Speed Boost and Teleport
All new touch controls make flying super fun!
Free to play

Your mission is to fly as far as possible, collect coins and discover keys to release the Oddwings from the evil Dr. Rooster's lab.

While you explore beautiful worlds, maneuver your way through the mad doctor's dangerous traps and obstacles: air bombs, poison gases and other exotic perils.

Download now, and find out if youve got the wings to make it!

Oddwings Escape is free to play, but some in-game items can also be bought with real money. You can disable in-app purchases on your device's settings if you dont want these items.

Note: Due to the graphical nature of Oddwings Escape, we strongly recommend playing the game on iPhone 4S and newer, iPod Touch 5th gen, or iPad 2 and newer.
02-14-2015, 12:17 AM
The Gameplay:

ps. the developer said on their fb page that this game spend 3.1million dollars in the making?this is a must try i say. very cute and loveable character also.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

02-14-2015, 12:26 PM
It looks good but I was unable to find it in the App Store. Is it available in the US?
03-30-2015, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfa View Post
It looks good but I was unable to find it in the App Store. Is it available in the US?
Hi sarfa!

Small Giant Games here, the developers of Oddwings Escape. The game is currently in soft launch in Canada and Australia, and will be coming out soon globally.

Here are some pictures and a few videos to tide you over until release:

We'll also be releasing more information about the game in the near future so be sure to keep your eyes on this thread or our main thread over here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=258006

If you have any questions regarding the game or us, we'd be happy to answer them!

Best Regards,

Small Giant Games
03-30-2015, 03:17 AM
Thanks for sharing. I'll check it when it release in US store.

Pine Entertainment
05-03-2015, 09:55 AM

worldwide release date may 14.
05-03-2015, 11:55 AM
I was just about to post something about this game. I found it the other day searching through one of the AppStores. It's actually really fun with a kind of cool control scheme. I keep having issues with GameCenter though. The game crashes as soon as GC tries to load up. If I shut off GC, the game plays fine.
05-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
ps. the developer said on their fb page that this game spend 3.1million dollars in the making?this is a must try i say. very cute and loveable character also.
ok, if you say so, I'm downloading right now. Be back with some impressions later

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash
05-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I keep having issues with GameCenter though. The game crashes as soon as GC tries to load up. If I shut off GC, the game plays fine.
I have no problems with GameCenter whatsoever. I tried to access the leaderboards within the game and from app itself as well, everything works just fine. Doesn't sound like a game's issue. Do you have a lot of friends on GameCenter? It might cause a trouble sometimes as far as I know from other threads.

About the game: it's just beautiful! I mean, main characters are really cute, animations are just top-notch, the overall visual style is really outstanding. Controls works great even though you might need to get used to them a little bit. But after a couple of attempts everything works just fine and feels natural and smooth.

There's a typical freemium model in game which I hate of course. Not the whole model though. There are two different currencies: coins and keys. You're collecting coins for characters' upgrades and keys for unlocking other characters. I didn't hit a paywall yet even though the prices for upgrades are getting kinda expensive. But it's understandable, I don't judge it, I can deal with some grinding, so far it's worthy to do so. But what I hate here (and basicly in every similar free game in general) is the energy. You need "wings" to access any level. One run drains one wing. The biggest problem is that you have only 5 wings, that's it. It means 5 attempts and you're done. Of course, the wings are replenished over time, it takes 30 minutes for one wing. You can watch an ad to get one wing, but I'm not sure if it's limited for a specific amount of ads or if it's infinite, I just didn't try. I'd appreciate an option to buy unlimited wings, but it's not there. You can refill 5 wings for 0,99€ which is ridiculous. Wings are replenished when the player's level is increased as well. It works for a few early stages, it's prety much useless later. The higher level you are the more XP you need to get to increase it.

There are four different islands. Every island has "unlimited" mode where your goal is to "get as far as possible". You're collecting coins and keys in this mode and trying to fly through checkpoints which unlocks challenge mode. I'm not sure about the amount of these challenges. On the first island there's 15 I guess? The second island seems even bigger. These challenges are short stages with specific goals to get coins and XP. For example "collect all balloons" or "finish it in 30 seconds" etc. You need wings to enter each stage but if you fail, you are given an option to retry 3 times for free. To unlock every next challenge stage you need to accomplish specific length in unlimited mode. So, the further you fly the more challenges you unlocks.

I'm playing the game in short bursts because there's no option to do otherwise. But it's just wrong. 5 attempts is not enough. You need to 2-3 runs to get into the game, to get used to it every time you try. So when you're in your best, you just run out of "energy" and are forced to either wait or buy "instant refill" for 0,99€. Considering the one attempt usually takes around a minute, you're not going to have a lot of fun with this game in one session. And it's just sad because unlimited energy would be a great option. I don't mind a little bit of grinding. I don't mind the prices for upgrades are a bit higher than they would be. I just don't understand why am I forced to stop playing when I'm in my best. I don't want to play a game when it allows me. I want to play it when I want and for how long I want. This is the reason I hate freemium model in general. In this case it's just a pity there's no option to buy unlimited energy, but it's just a soft launch and there's still a hope the option will be implemented later. Or maybe not, who knows. We'll see.

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash
05-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macplash View Post
I have no problems with GameCenter whatsoever. I tried to access the leaderboards within the game and from app itself as well, everything works just fine. Doesn't sound like a game's issue. Do you have a lot of friends on GameCenter? It might cause a trouble sometimes as far as I know from other threads.

About the game: it's just beautiful! I mean, main characters are really cute, animations are just top-notch, the overall visual style is really outstanding. Controls works great even though you might need to get used to them a little bit. But after a couple of attempts everything works just fine and feels natural and smooth.

There's a typical freemium model in game which I hate of course. Not the whole model though. There are two different currencies: coins and keys. You're collecting coins for characters' upgrades and keys for unlocking other characters. I didn't hit a paywall yet even though the prices for upgrades are getting kinda expensive. But it's understandable, I don't judge it, I can deal with some grinding, so far it's worthy to do so. But what I hate here (and basicly in every similar free game in general) is the energy. You need "wings" to access any level. One run drains one wing. The biggest problem is that you have only 5 wings, that's it. It means 5 attempts and you're done. Of course, the wings are replenished over time, it takes 30 minutes for one wing. You can watch an ad to get one wing, but I'm not sure if it's limited for a specific amount of ads or if it's infinite, I just didn't try. I'd appreciate an option to buy unlimited wings, but it's not there. You can refill 5 wings for 0,99 which is ridiculous. Wings are replenished when the player's level is increased as well. It works for a few early stages, it's prety much useless later. The higher level you are the more XP you need to get to increase it.

There are four different islands. Every island has "unlimited" mode where your goal is to "get as far as possible". You're collecting coins and keys in this mode and trying to fly through checkpoints which unlocks challenge mode. I'm not sure about the amount of these challenges. On the first island there's 15 I guess? The second island seems even bigger. These challenges are short stages with specific goals to get coins and XP. For example "collect all balloons" or "finish it in 30 seconds" etc. You need wings to enter each stage but if you fail, you are given an option to retry 3 times for free. To unlock every next challenge stage you need to accomplish specific length in unlimited mode. So, the further you fly the more challenges you unlocks.

I'm playing the game in short bursts because there's no option to do otherwise. But it's just wrong. 5 attempts is not enough. You need to 2-3 runs to get into the game, to get used to it every time you try. So when you're in your best, you just run out of "energy" and are forced to either wait or buy "instant refill" for 0,99. Considering the one attempt usually takes around a minute, you're not going to have a lot of fun with this game in one session. And it's just sad because unlimited energy would be a great option. I don't mind a little bit of grinding. I don't mind the prices for upgrades are a bit higher than they would be. I just don't understand why am I forced to stop playing when I'm in my best. I don't want to play a game when it allows me. I want to play it when I want and for how long I want. This is the reason I hate freemium model in general. In this case it's just a pity there's no option to buy unlimited energy, but it's just a soft launch and there's still a hope the option will be implemented later. Or maybe not, who knows. We'll see.
Great write up macplash. Totally agree on everything. The typical energy system is my only gripe besides my GC issue. I have this issue all the time with games. When GC first came out, I accepted just about every request until I ended up with like 200-300 "friends". I've been slowly cleaning house, but I'm trying to make sure to to delete my TA peeps, so if for some reason I delete anybody here, friend request me again.

Last edited by NOEN; 05-04-2015 at 09:38 PM.