★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iOS Game Emulators?!!

02-13-2015, 11:12 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3
iOS Game Emulators?!!

Looking for new emulators sneaking into the app store or maybe some that can be side-loaded...
02-13-2015, 11:18 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyatchKillah View Post
Looking for new emulators sneaking into the app store or maybe some that can be side-loaded...
Last time I checked (experienced) that is a forbidden topic here. Someone else will correct me if possible.

02-14-2015, 12:36 AM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
Last time I checked (experienced) that is a forbidden topic here. Someone else will correct me if possible.
Since when? The front page reports about them all the time

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
02-14-2015, 07:21 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
Last time I checked (experienced) that is a forbidden topic here. Someone else will correct me if possible.
Emulators are fine, Roms are a grey area at best. Now to address OP, the best emulators right now are PPSSPP, RetroArch(N64, PSX) & GBA4iOS. Of course a jailbreak is necessary to get PPSSPP running at a decent speed and that goes the same with RetroArch! If you're not looking to JB & still are on iOS 8 - 8.1.2 then Google iEmulators for an array of decent emulators! As for Roms! Be sure to google the instructions for ripping your own game files as to obtain & play them !
02-14-2015, 12:00 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleySaege View Post
Emulators are fine, Roms are a grey area at best. Now to address OP, the best emulators right now are PPSSPP, RetroArch(N64, PSX) & GBA4iOS. Of course a jailbreak is necessary to get PPSSPP running at a decent speed and that goes the same with RetroArch! If you're not looking to JB & still are on iOS 8 - 8.1.2 then Google iEmulators for an array of decent emulators! As for Roms! Be sure to google the instructions for ripping your own game files as to obtain & play them !
If you have already updated to iOS 8, and don't want to jailbreak, iEmulators is offering a 10$ subscription service to iBuild store, which allows you to use all of the emulators freely.
03-08-2015, 05:32 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 300
Given up with emulators on iOS. Backdoor methods so unreliable and a hassle.

Lucky to have an Android tablet as well. Lots of emulators, plug in a usb controller with an adapter and ready to go, no hassle. I really wish it was that easy on iPad.
03-08-2015, 05:54 AM
#7
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
I paid $10 for the emulators on builds.io

Works a treat. Hopefully they'll add more emulators. Well worth the cost of $10 a year
03-08-2015, 12:53 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Given up with emulators on iOS. Backdoor methods so unreliable and a hassle.

Lucky to have an Android tablet as well. Lots of emulators, plug in a usb controller with an adapter and ready to go, no hassle. I really wish it was that easy on iPad.
I was just gonna say that but you beat me to it!
03-09-2015, 12:17 PM
#9
Jailbreak, install RetroArch, play all the emulated games you want. No Android required

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
03-09-2015, 01:08 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
Jailbreak, install RetroArch, play all the emulated games you want. No Android required
This. JB takes 5 min and is completely harmless and reversible. You can emulate many systems including PS1 and PSP.