★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Nano Rally 1.1 is OUT

09-15-2009, 02:21 AM
Nano Rally 1.1 is OUT

Hi Folks,

The first update to Nano Rally is out, AT LAST!

I'm really sorry for the delay, Apples review times are extremely long at the moment. This was compounded by a rejection by mistake, which they have apologised for - but still meant the time was doubled.

Anyway, the mistaken rejection meant I could get in version 1.2 updates into this one. So the new features are...

* Hard, Medium and Easy settings.
* Racing lines, to make navigation easier.
* Mulitple Camera modes: Rotate, Fixed Center, Pan
* AI cars on track.
* Improved controls & layout.
* Landscape mode.

here's the link:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=323395305

I really hope this improves the game for you all, thanks for all the feedback.

Cheers

Morgan
09-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Finally, apple really took their time on this update.
Its a great game, i really just can recommend it

09-15-2009, 02:30 AM
This sounds good. I've looked at the game before, but I'm not big on racing without competition. Hence, I've passed on it so far. If anyone would be so kind as to let us know how well racing against the comp opponents fares I'd be much obliged.
09-15-2009, 04:21 AM
well i had a very very quick go on this before work this morning, am very impressed with this update. looks like theis is now the closest thing to micro machines we'll see on the appstore

next stop, customised vehicles please!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
09-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mumbles View Post
This sounds good. I've looked at the game before, but I'm not big on racing without competition. Hence, I've passed on it so far. If anyone would be so kind as to let us know how well racing against the comp opponents fares I'd be much obliged.
I'd really like to hear about this aspect too-- how is it racing against opponents? I read that it is just AI ghosts, I imagine this means there's no collisions? Would love to hear someone's updated impressions, considering there's quite a number of you who have bought it already.
09-15-2009, 04:43 AM
yer the cars are ghost cars, look quite snazzy to from what i seen. you cannot collide with them but does add a nice new dimension to the game.

edit: had a further go at championship at lunch. with AI ghost cars the lag was incredible, unplayable tbh. didnt restart ma phone after installation but is anyone else having simular problems? 3GS only i guess :|

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

Last edited by Acidbottle; 09-15-2009 at 06:57 AM.
09-15-2009, 04:58 AM
ohh. just ghosts? can we get real AI as an option too?
09-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrgrvsh View Post
Finally, apple really took their time on this update.
Its a great game, i really just can recommend it
Thanks Zrgrvsh, glad you like the game.
09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbottle View Post
yer the cars are ghost cars, look quite snazzy to from what i seen. you cannot collide with them but does add a nice new dimension to the game.

edit: had a further go at championship at lunch. with AI ghost cars the lag was incredible, unplayable tbh. didnt restart ma phone after installation but is anyone else having simular problems? 3GS only i guess :|
Does that mean the ghost cars take the exact same route every single time? That would kinda void the "intelligence" part of Artificial Intelligence.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-15-2009, 12:48 PM
I've yet to try the update, but I do like the list of what's been added. The initial version wasn't too impressive with the completely impossible-to-win scenarios. But all's for the better now?

Games, games, games..
GameCenter ID: GkCHN
Add me! :]