★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Divide By Sheep - cute yet gruesome math-based puzzler from tinyBuild Games

02-16-2015, 08:16 AM
[OPEN BETA] Divide By Sheep: Cute yet gruesome mathbased puzzler from tinyBuild Games

Update: The beta for Divide by Sheep is now live, and you can sign up to play here: http://eepurl.com/bee2SD

Hey all, this is Mike Rose from tinyBuild Games, and I want to tell you about our upcoming mobile game Divide By Sheep. TRAILER TIME!

The lifeboats are ready to carry the sheep home, but bouncing your woolly compadres to safety will be easier said than done, thanks to limited island space, hungry wolves and, erm, laser walls that threaten to slice your sheepies in half.

Of course, if you have one too many sheep to fit on the lifeboat, you might want to slice a couple of them in two and tape them back together afterwards. Not that Divide By Sheep is a dark comedy or anything.

The game is from Russian and Ukrainian team Bread Team, with funding and additional producing from us. There's over 100 puzzles across 4 worlds, and well, it gets pretty weird and messed up.

You can find more info here: http://tinybuild.com/dividebysheep

And you can expect to see more about the game in the coming months! If any of you are at GDC or PAX East next month, make sure you check it out.

Last edited by RaveofRavendale; 03-30-2015 at 05:34 AM.
02-16-2015, 08:18 AM
oh nice, love puzzle

02-16-2015, 08:28 AM
I have been looking forward to this one. I hope it is both Universal and premium.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-16-2015, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I have been looking forward to this one. I hope it is both Universal and premium.
Yup, it is!
02-17-2015, 05:15 AM
I swear this game started completely innocent

This is where we're at now, got this from the artist recently:

02-17-2015, 06:38 AM
Looking forward to this, when can we expect this game.
02-17-2015, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyBuild View Post
I swear this game started completely innocent

This is where we're at now, got this from the artist recently:

I've been seeing the development pics of this game for a while now. Loved the trailer, cute characters, will surely give it a shot once it's out... Release date?
02-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underDOGS Gaming Studio View Post
I've been seeing the development pics of this game for a while now. Loved the trailer, cute characters, will surely give it a shot once it's out... Release date?
Thanks! We're aiming for release in the next few months
02-17-2015, 11:47 AM
looking forward on this one. brilliant puzzle system pack with cute and nice artwork.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

02-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Rage=- View Post
Watched the video. Twice. Still confused about the gameplay. But the same thing will motivate me to download and play it. Graphics is amazing btw. Keep up the good work.
Hey, allow me to give a very brief explanation! You need to get a specific number of sheep onto the liferaft to save them on each level, and if you bounce too many sheep onto the liferaft it will sink. So if you have too many sheep, you have to get rid of some by slicing them up, getting them eaten by wolves, dunking them into the water, or many other awful methods.

It's all very mathsy basically - how do I turn 5 sheep into 4 sheep? Can I simply minus 1? Or am I going to need to half it into 2.5 sheep, then find another 1.5 sheep to add to that?