Divide By Sheep - cute yet gruesome math-based puzzler from tinyBuild Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RaveofRavendale, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaveofRavendale

Dec 10, 2014
    #1 RaveofRavendale, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Update: The beta for Divide by Sheep is now live, and you can sign up to play here: http://eepurl.com/bee2SD

Hey all, this is Mike Rose from tinyBuild Games, and I want to tell you about our upcoming mobile game Divide By Sheep. TRAILER TIME!

The lifeboats are ready to carry the sheep home, but bouncing your woolly compadres to safety will be easier said than done, thanks to limited island space, hungry wolves and, erm, laser walls that threaten to slice your sheepies in half.

Of course, if you have one too many sheep to fit on the lifeboat, you might want to slice a couple of them in two and tape them back together afterwards. Not that Divide By Sheep is a dark comedy or anything.

The game is from Russian and Ukrainian team Bread Team, with funding and additional producing from us. There's over 100 puzzles across 4 worlds, and well, it gets pretty weird and messed up.

You can find more info here: http://tinybuild.com/dividebysheep

And you can expect to see more about the game in the coming months! If any of you are at GDC or PAX East next month, make sure you check it out.

[​IMG]

2. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    oh nice, love puzzle

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have been looking forward to this one. I hope it is both Universal and premium.

4. RaveofRavendale

Dec 10, 2014
    Yup, it is!

5. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    I swear this game started completely innocent

This is where we're at now, got this from the artist recently:

[​IMG]

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Looking forward to this, when can we expect this game.

7. underDOGS Gaming Studio

underDOGS Gaming Studio Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Mumbai, India
    I've been seeing the development pics of this game for a while now. Loved the trailer, cute characters, will surely give it a shot once it's out... Release date?

8. RaveofRavendale

Dec 10, 2014
    Thanks! We're aiming for release in the next few months

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    looking forward on this one. brilliant puzzle system pack with cute and nice artwork.

10. RaveofRavendale

Dec 10, 2014
    Hey, allow me to give a very brief explanation! You need to get a specific number of sheep onto the liferaft to save them on each level, and if you bounce too many sheep onto the liferaft it will sink. So if you have too many sheep, you have to get rid of some by slicing them up, getting them eaten by wolves, dunking them into the water, or many other awful methods.

It's all very mathsy basically - how do I turn 5 sheep into 4 sheep? Can I simply minus 1? Or am I going to need to half it into 2.5 sheep, then find another 1.5 sheep to add to that?

11. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    We just put together the PAX East demo build with comic strips explaining the "story"

The game's just getting weirder and weirder

[​IMG]

12. RaveofRavendale

Dec 10, 2014
  13. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

Working on the story part. Each world will have a little comic book that gives context to what's going on. The sheep look soooo happy!

14. tinyBuild

Mar 23, 2011
    I've sent out beta invites to everyone who signed up to our iOS beta test list :)

Bonus artwork of the Kraken

[​IMG]

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Quite excited about this one, mostly because of my newfound respect for TinyBuild Games in their another upcoming game thread for Fearless Fantasy, which is one of the most enjoyable battle-based RPGs i have played/tested for iOS.

I got the beta invite, so expect some emails from me in a couple days. :)

16. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    #16 kopicha, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    omg this is so adorable..... :D:D:D "expression during game play"

but poor sheeps... :( "feeling while solving the puzzle"

That's the best I can describe without giving away too much. :)

17. iamcartez

iamcartez Well-Known Member

Cool I just got the Beta Invite and will leave feedback later after I play the game tonight.

I've been beta testing more games than I'm developing myself haha maybe I should look into being a professional beta tester instead! :D

18. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I finished the first world - Green World - with three stars on all. A few of the levels took me a bunch of tries; for a while I thought 1-18 was impossible to 3 star but I finally got it. There is a nice variety in this first batch of puzzles and I think the difficulty is spot on: easy enough to keep the momentum going but still challenging. These are really enjoyable puzzles and I am very excited to be getting an early look at this one. The game's theme and graphics are great too. tinyBuild has done it again!

19. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    The music in this game made the already cute and adorable art art sounds more cute than it already it :p does but up quite a bit of smile when playing it :D

20. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    The posters in front of me said it all.

I just started and only reached level
    1-10 so far, but i finally got the hang of it. I was thinking way too complicated at first (level 1-5).

I'd say even for no-brain-game-pro's like me, this could be a game you'd have to check out when it gets released in a few weeks/months.
    Looking forward to see more of the story and characters, and i do love this happy music.