★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zuigen Puzzlier for the iPhone OUT!

09-15-2009, 06:23 AM
Zuigen Puzzlier for the iPhone OUT!

Hi Everyone,

Oz Creations has release Zuigen for iPhone and iPod, Check out Zuigen at:

http://www.ozcreations.com.au/zuigen

There will be a 3G s version soon, as well as a demo.

thanks,
Oz Creations.
09-15-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

09-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Some gameplay videos:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
09-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcreations View Post
...There will be a 3G s version soon...
Hi there, and welcome to the forums!
Can I ask a question:
- How will the 3GS version be different from the current version?

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
09-15-2009, 07:05 AM
This is just the sort of game I like!
So I got it right away.

It's a pathfinding puzzle. A little Bobby-Carrotish with the diamond collecting and pushing things around.

After playing the tutorial: some comments:

- Your character is a penguine ("Mr P") You tap to move to the location and tap on objects to interact with them. I do like the controls. It is efficient.

With regards to key and blocks and other things, if you select it, Mr P pushes them away from him in a straight line until the object hits another standing object, as seen in video posted by Brett.

- The graphics look like a mobile phone game graphics. 2D flat map. I thought the colors looked a bit faded. I always prefer a bit more contrast and more dynamic colors, I guess.

- You can zoom in closer but I switched the option to "double tap to zoom" because I didn't find it useful at all. (It was by default "Hold to zoom" but it just zoomed at every tap and that seemed like a bug). I think the zoom function is for those who might find it hard to accurately tap the location they want Mr P to go to.

- Sound effects are minimal but good enough for me. There's no background tunes but you can play your own ipod music, which is good because I prefer to do that anyway.

- There's some spelling errors (edit: cross that, it's errors in word usage) and the absence of the apostrophe where there should be for some words in the message popups that is going to be seen as sloppiness.

Last edited by Ravenblack; 09-15-2009 at 07:41 AM. Reason: clarification, correction
09-15-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm also curious; what will be different for the 3GS version?
I'll probably hold out on buying this until then, though I do wish to wholeheartedly support Aussie developers!
09-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windburn View Post
Just out of curiosity, are they actually spelling errors, or are they English v American differences :P Apostrophes aside of course, they're less forgivable.

Errors like "your" instead of "you're". I suppose that's more like a usage error.

"Lets" instead of "Let's"

It doesn't bother me much but I know it irritates some people to see things like that.
09-15-2009, 07:27 AM
TOFTT here just cuz it looked interesting to me. Its different than most Sokoban type puzzlers in that you must collect things (gems). Very reminiscent to me of the Bunny Carrot games. The zooming in part is a little annoying because every time you tap the screen it zooms in but then when you release it zooms out. So playing (without the need to zoom in) makes the board go in and out in and out - a little dizzying on the eyes. So definitely if this bugs you change the setting in the options.

Its too QUIET except for blocks breaking etc.

Anyway if you like Bunny Carrot you will like this. The penguin idea is cute. No clue what Squish game this is based on but that doesn't really matter I suppose. The levels are well thought out and there are combinations of items you must do to get past and break walls, walk through fire etc. The map colors are muted and I do like the vividness of other games but that won't stop a good game.

Should have an undo button cuz sometimes you just get Mr P in the wrong position to push a block and it will go until it hits something and then you could be stuck. So accidental hits might make you start the level over again.

I know its a space issue but the bottom buttons may bug some people with bigger fingers. Its fine for me, but those buttons down there are a wee bit small!

All in all its going to serve its purpose and give me something new to play today.
09-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post

Should have an undo button cuz sometimes you just get Mr P in the wrong position to push a block and it will go until it hits something and then you could be stuck. So accidental hits might make you start the level over again.

I know its a space issue but the bottom buttons may bug some people with bigger fingers. Its fine for me, but those buttons down there are a wee bit small!
There is a undo button among those tiny row of buttons down there (2nd one from the left). It only undoes one move.
09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
There is a undo button among those tiny row of buttons down there (2nd one from the left). It only undoes one move.
Yeah I noticed the undo button after I posted. Though proves my point that the buttons on that bottom row need to be bigger!

Last edited by New England Gamer; 09-15-2009 at 01:32 PM.