★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: MechaBall!

From the twisted minds of two guys you haven't met (or possibly you know all too well), comes a fantastic journey into a world where controlling your urges (to tap the screen) is pitted against your desire to find a smooth, flowing rhythm...

Its a simple premise really: tap to jump from disk-to-disk, collect the golden orbs (which we've arbitrarily dubbed "minions"), while you avoid hitting walls and those spinning cogs. The longer you play, the easier it gets (to react impulsively) until you find yourself frustrated, yet again for coming oh, so close...

Seriously, this game is quite simple! A child can play it... but the words coming out of your mouth as you miss the mark (again) are not for the children to hear!

Play 25 levels with 3 zones each... just don't throw your iPhone against the wall. Don't slam that iPad across your knee. If you break it, you can't try again!

How to play: a simple tap to jump from disk-to-disk! Avoid hitting walls and gears to stay alive! Use the spring loaded launchers to advance safely and collect more minions!

Pixelkick's comments:
Hello all,

I'd like to announce our latest game... MechaBall for iPhone and iPad:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mechaball/id962605608?mt=8

We'd love to hear your opinions! The game is free on iTunes.

Tap to jump from disk-to-disk while avoiding the spinning cogs, and collecting enough of the golden "minions" needed to open the gate and move to the next zone! Very simple game mechanics (single tap) but deviously difficult to master!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/attach...1&d=1424193220http://forums.toucharcade.com/attach...1&d=1424193532
02-19-2015, 12:15 PM
I was really hoping to get some comments... if anyone has time, please take a look at MechaBall and let me know what you think!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mechaball/id962605608?mt=8

02-19-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-24-2015, 10:13 AM
Well, we've had a modest number of installs since the initial release... but thankfully, we can see that there are quite a few people actually playing the game every day.

We have submitted a new version to address some tiny little issues that players probably wouldn't even notice.

We worked hard on this game, and it was quite fun to develop... needless to say, we're very proud of this work. Thanks for taking a look!
02-25-2015, 02:00 AM
Let me first admit that I never beat the first stage because I am 1, not very good and 2, impatient. For someone like me, I would like the game more if there were 75 levels consisting of 1 zone instead of 25 levels consisting of 3 zones. Having made it to the third zone of stage 1 before losing, I found it more tedious than fun to have to go back through the first two zones again.

However, I'm aware that making a level with only one zone would remove a lot of the challenge of the game. Thus, I may just not be in the target audience for your game.

I also want to let you know about a strange issue (iPad 2, iOS7): I made it to the third zone of the first level with two extra lives. I died. Before I respawned, the screen kept scrolling upwards with nothing on it except the dark background. It did this for quite a while, so much so that I thought the game had glitched. I'd suggest adding a "loading" message or some kind of feedback to make it clearer as to what's going on.
02-25-2015, 11:36 AM
Thanks for your reply!

You know, I think many people would agree with you about the zones. But you're right, without that challenge, the game loses something. We originally designed this as 1 big level. It needed to be broken up. James came up with the gates and it really brought the game the excitement (and a little frustration!) it was missing.

About the strange glitch in zone 3 (restarting in zone 2). That glitch has been fixed, and we're waiting for Apple to test it. sadly, all of my beta testers passed zone 3 without fail so it fell through the cracks. We've waited longer for the update to be approved than the original approval.

I will say this though, keep looking for updates. We're adding power ups (like yo-yo and short term invincibility) that you can earn as you play. Yo-Yo does as you might expect. It pulls you back to the last disk you were on with just a tap (while you're between disks). this way if you have the powerup and you know you missed your aim point you tap again to return. its a life-saver! Invincibility will allow you to pass through cogs and walls (one time use powerup) so you won't die on a miss. this will help get you moving through the levels and zones.

Thanks for playing and thanks for taking the time to give your feedback! Its very welcome, and appreciated!

- Kevin

Last edited by Pixelkick; 02-26-2015 at 12:44 PM.
02-28-2015, 12:29 AM
As discussed above, the first update to MechaBall has been approved and released. This release adds new music and fixes that glitch with 'dying' in zone 3. Specifically, the glitch put the camera at the zone 2 start point, and it had to scroll up to the zone 3 start point before you could continue. Now that its fixed, you'll be on your way much faster!