★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Optimized and recommended for tablet with retina display.
Gamecenter account required
Game forum: http://strategyfirst.com/timelines/forum

Timelines: Assault on America is a fictional WWII Real Time Strategy (RTS) game that asks the question; "What if Germany invaded the United States?"

Timelines is a fictional WWII Real Time Strategy (RTS) Strategy game that takes place on American soil. Designed for tablet play with brilliant high quality graphics.

Features:
- 12 missions culminating in the battle for Washington D.C.

- 4 player co-op multiplayer: choose between 9 playable countries USA, UK, France, Russia, Japan, German, Hungary, Romania, and Czechoslovakia

- Multiplayer modes include, Player versus Player and Player vs A.I.

- Cross Platform multiplayer iOS/Mac/Android/PC/Linux

- 20 unit types per nation upgradeable for all infantry and vehicles (200 usable upgrades) Tanks, Trucks, Commander Vehicles, stationary guns, and much more

- Defensive tactics include minefield planting, stationary turrets, and anti-tank assault

- Airstrike capabilities for offensive special attacks

- Learning AI that adjusts to the player's skill level

- Elevated terrains allowing for multiple strategic tactics

- Available in English/French/Italian/German/Spanish/Russian

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/timelinesAOA
: https://vk.com/public89203255

Audio engine : FMOD Studio by Firelight Technologies
02-17-2015, 04:59 PM
OK, I've given this one a go up to the point of paying 2.29 for the full unlock and gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed.

Controls very well, easy to handle / select / group and reselect lots of units.
Nice way to rally new units wherever you need them on the map.
Good range of units to build, and upgrade. You could have hundreds of units on the field it seems, unless there is a cap I didn't hit yet!
Good path finding.
Good camera controls including rotation and mini map you can jump around and you can maximise the size of the mini map.
Nice detailed maps, with pretty nice graphics (a bit busy and dull colours in first levels I have seen, but it's nice sharp resolution).

First couple of levels it's easy to just build up loads of tanks and brute force/steamroll to success but the AI does fight back so looking forward to the difficulty ramping up. There are no selectable difficulty levels that I can see.

You can use artillery, repair units on the field, call in air strikes, and much more using specific skills of certain units so lots of strategy potential here.

There's an online multiplayer lobby but nobody in it yet.

12 missions in campaign but no AI skirmishes which seems a bit strange.

For the price it's a no brainier, will be playing this more over the weekend when I have some more time.

EDIT: I see you can set up multiplayer against AI, so there is Skirmish I guess. Good stuff!

Last edited by Baracus; 02-17-2015 at 06:24 PM.

02-17-2015, 05:19 PM
@Baracus thanks for that, with what you said it be rude not to download this and give it a try out

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay
02-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
@Baracus thanks for that, with what you said it be rude not to download this and give it a try out
No worries, report back with your thoughts - be interested if you feel the same as me

My gaming & gadget blog: http://hatenintendo.wordpress.com
02-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Well so far I found the tutorial mission is broken which is not a good sign. First time I had to restart cause I deselected my troops so I could not resign them to a group so I could not cont with the tutorial. The second time (as I write this piece) is when I come to attack the tank with my tank. They have got so close to each (a.i controlled) that their shots are over shooting each other.

I not yet restarted it no doubt I find more. When you have basic bugs in the tutorial I don't have high hopes for the rest of the game.
02-17-2015, 10:51 PM
This is actually a nice RTS and seems to be put together well. The problem is with the genre on touchscreens. It's almost as awkward as FPS on touch.
02-18-2015, 12:16 AM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

02-18-2015, 03:01 AM
iPad
Wish they would release some of these style games on ip6
02-18-2015, 03:08 AM
Does the purchase remove the adds when you exit the game?
02-18-2015, 11:33 AM
This is the game I've been waiting for since I bought an iPad. A full command and conquer grade rts. Infantry, vehicles, air strikes, base building, static defense, the works. I'm also a fan of the setting, pretty original in the WW2 context.

I was sold after the tutorial mission. For the price of 3 dollar burgers, you could have a legit RTS on the go.

I'm an older gamer, so the caveat is that if you expect a tower d game or a causal "rts" if that's even a thing, this one isn't for you. For everyone else, the Strategy First license should say enough.

12 campaign missions.
SKIRMISH IS AVAILABLE, but they do it the old school way where you create a lobby in a MP game and select an AI as your opponent.

Last edited by CalinR; 02-18-2015 at 11:40 AM.