★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Transform into a giant mech of destruction and battle deadly extraterrestrial kaiju monsters to save our planet! Play this FREE turn-based fighting game in which you take control of elite war robots to defend the Earth from alien invaders.

Under attack by alien monsters! All the worlds nations are united in the Planetary Council to defend the world against enormous alien aggressors. Countries including the USA, UK, South Korea, Russia, Germany, China, Japan, France, and Brazil join forces as they deploy the last hope of planet Earth: high-powered giant machines of destruction converted into the ultimate defenders. Will the alliance of nations and the might of their mechs prevail against the extraterrestrial threat? Play solo or against friends!

Stunning, immersive 3D visuals show you every detail of the titanic clash between mecha and alien kaiju in this uniquely action-packed turn-based fighting game. Outwit, outplay, and outsmart your opponents using turn-based fighting mechanics. Whip out a variety of punishing moves to pulverize your opponents. Protect the world from the alien threat in Story mode or test your skills through the challenging Arcade and Survival modes!

Get ready to pummel your enemies to bits: play Mechs vs Aliens now, FREE!

Features:
- Unique turn-based battle system
- Charge up your mech's super meter and unleash a powerful finishing move
- 9 ultra-powered Mechs representing 9 nations: USA, UK, South Korea, Russia, Germany, China, Japan, France and Brazil
- 8 battlegrounds to unlock, including Moscow, London, New York, Seoul, Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo!
- High quality 3D graphics using dynamic animations and cameras
- A Story Mode with 16 thrilling stages
- Test your mettle in Survival Mode and Arcade Mode
- Local Multiplayer: Compete with other players via Bluetooth!

** Please note that this free app contains optional paid content for users who wish to enhance the gaming experience. You can disable in-app purchases by adjusting your device settings. **

PeteOzzy's comments:

Mecha Showdown

TurnOut Ventures Ltd.
Genres: Games Entertainment Arcade Role Playing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Transform into a giant mech of destruction and battle deadly extraterrestrial kaiju monsters to save our planet! Play this FREE turn-based fighting game in which you take control of elite war robots to defend the Earth from alien invaders.

Under attack by alien monsters! All the world’s nations are united in the Planetary Council to defend the world against enormous alien aggressors. Countries including the USA, UK, South Korea, Russia, Germany, China, Japan, France, and Brazil join forces as they deploy the last hope of planet Earth: high-powered giant machines of destruction converted into the ultimate defenders. Will the alliance of nations and the might of their mechs prevail against the extraterrestrial threat? Play solo or against friends!

Stunning, immersive 3D visuals show you every detail of the titanic clash between mecha and alien kaiju in this uniquely action-packed turn-based fighting game. Outwit, outplay, and outsmart your opponents using turn-based fighting mechanics. Whip out a variety of punishing moves to pulverize your opponents. Protect the world from the alien threat in Story mode or test your skills through the challenging Arcade and Survival modes!

Get ready to pummel your enemies to bits: play Mechs vs Aliens now, FREE!

Features:
- Unique turn-based battle system
- Charge up your mech's super meter and unleash a powerful finishing move
- 9 ultra-powered Mechs representing 9 nations: USA, UK, South Korea, Russia, Germany, China, Japan, France and Brazil
- 8 battlegrounds to unlock, including Moscow, London, New York, Seoul, Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo!
- High quality 3D graphics using dynamic animations and cameras
- A Story Mode with 16 thrilling stages
- Test your mettle in Survival Mode and Arcade Mode
- Local Multiplayer: Compete with other players via Bluetooth!

** Please note that this free app contains optional paid content for users who wish to enhance the gaming experience. You can disable in-app purchases by adjusting your device settings. **

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadWifi
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad3G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone6
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.0

Download Size: 72.1MB

02-18-2015, 06:17 AM
Game Impressions

02-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Had me at mechs... Lost me at whatever the hell is happening on those screen shots.
02-18-2015, 12:59 PM
I'll give it a go and get back.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
02-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltrabbit View Post
Had me at mechs... Lost me at whatever the hell is happening on those screen shots.
Im in the same boat. LOL

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Im in the same boat. LOL
Didn't even make it all the way though the tutorial it's mecha fighting based on spinning and stopping a slot machine.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
02-18-2015, 01:58 PM
They didn't have to do much to get me interested. I love Mechs, Mecha, Giant Robots, whatever.

However, the gameplay mechanic looks like something no one asked for. Ever.
02-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
They didn't have to do much to get me interested. I love Mechs, Mecha, Giant Robots, whatever.

However, the gameplay mechanic looks like something no one asked for. Ever.
You say you love "Mechs, Mecha, whatever" but you don't love the MECHanic? What a hypocrite.
02-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
You say you love "Mechs, Mecha, whatever" but you don't love the MECHanic? What a hypocrite.
Haha! Saw wut u did thar!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Now that's a shame. Would've liked a decent mech game.
That footage is a spectacularly, fantastically, amazing letdown....