★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pixel Jetpack Platformer is free to play retro game. Shooting and jumping platform game with twitch gameplay and pixel world. Your target is to get to safezone before the monsters shoot you.

Addictive platformer for IOS. Challenging retro game. Pixel world!

Run, jump, shoot in a old school 8 bit platform game with non stop action!
5/5 This game is simply phenomenal!

8 bit pixel graphics
Shoot enemies and monsters and make your way through levels
Use your Laser Gun to shoot enemies!
Super twitch gameplay!
Jetpack jumping
Old School action platformer
Over 40 Levels and more coming
Optimized for ipad and iphone!

WildmanGames's comments:

Pixel Jetpack Platformer

Wildman Games
Genres: Games Arcade Adventure Entertainment
Free

Quote:
Pixel Jetpack Platformer is free to play retro game. Shooting and jumping platform game with twitch gameplay and pixel world. Your target is to get to safezone before the monsters shoot you.

Addictive platformer for IOS. Challenging retro game. Pixel world!

Run, jump, shoot in a old school 8 bit platform game with non stop action!
5/5 This game is simply phenomenal!

● 8 bit pixel graphics
● Shoot enemies and monsters and make your way through levels
● Use your Laser Gun to shoot enemies!
● Super twitch gameplay!
● Jetpack jumping
● Old School action platformer
● Over 40 Levels and more coming
● Optimized for ipad and iphone!

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.1

Download Size: 34.1MB

iTunes Link https://itunes.apple.com/fi/app/id960259974?mt=8
02-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Video preview

Last edited by WildmanGames; 02-22-2015 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Link fix
02-23-2015, 12:50 AM
It's simplistic, but for what it is, it's enjoyable. A couple of thoughts:

-In the first level, I couldn't figure out that the blue area was the goal. I thought I had died because the menu popped up asking me to restart. I'd say either put "Next Level" as the top choice or, even better, just start the next level automatically.

-The controls (at least on an iPad) are somewhat uncomfortable for me. I'd prefer it if the left/right buttons were closer together and/or closer to the left edge.

-While the starry background is cool and helps spice up the graphics, I think it becomes a detriment when you start facing enemies that shoot at you since it makes the bullets even harder to see.
02-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Thank you for your comments!

You are right about that the controls for larger screens (iPad) could be little better. We are going to improve those in our upcoming updates.

We might take that restart button away from that "completed menu". As you said it might confuse players.

About that star background we are going to keep it but we could make it less visible. Other solution that we have thought is to make those laser-bullets larger or shinier to improve visibility.
02-25-2015, 12:51 AM
Oh, yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear: I really do like the starry background in the initial stages. It just made it hard to see the enemy bullets in later stages. Thus, I think bigger or shinier bullets is a fine solution.