BrainBuilder PictureWise - Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Javira, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    #1 Javira, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    "So popular it got pirated and released on the black market only two days after launch!"

AppStore Link
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brain-builder-picture-wise/id963229309

Quick Facts
    • No tedious typing. It's multiple choice. Less hassle, more fun!
    • Sketch and scratch your way through tons of creative questions.
    • Relaxing, yet challenging gameplay, for the whole family.
    • Draw using as little pencil as possible for the perfect score.
    • Are you a visual thinker?

Why did I make this game
    I created the game because I was frustrated with similar titles. All other games use real pictures and you don’t have to scratch for long before you guess the picture.

In addition you also have to spell/type the answer to each question. It’s difficult and tedious and you don’t have to play for long before it becomes clear that the game is not about guessing the picture but the synonym for that picture.

Brain Builder Picture Wise is different in the sense that all pictures are pencil sketches, not only do they serve a greater challenge but they also make you feel like a professional artist as you try to uncover them.

Furthermore, the game is multiple choice; Each question has six possible answers. There is no need to spell or type anything in this game, the focus is truly on the puzzling sketches, as it should be.

There is also no time limit. I wanted for players to slow down and unwind as they play this game. It starts fairly easy, but quickly becomes very challenging. Not only are some sketches more detailed and difficult, but they are also inverted or even rotated in later rounds.

About Javira
    Danish indie developer and one-man studio Javira run by industry veteran Tue Damkær Jensen. The studio has previously collaborated with other developers on titles that did well on the App Store, but Jensen’s goal has always been to develop and publish his own titles. Brain Builder Picture Wise is the first of many in-house games planned to hit the market soon.

Learn more about Javira at www.javira.com

Follow the studio on Twitter here and on Facebook here

Press information available here

Promo Codes: Sorry, all out!
    1) MF9WFTEXNYA4
    2) 7T4PN3EXR3RJ
    3) 3R6XXN97Y3LL
    4) AAAYRXFMYLNA
    5) R33A7XH7TLWJ

6) XTKX7HYJW4JY
    7) Y4A6L7PKEHJF
    8) NLF9YAFEPH4M
    9) YT37EH6T67FH
    10) N6F3YEWXNPHT

11) NJYYP7LE6P6H
    12) PEYHFR369YF6
    13) JHLK7AA99A99
    14) YT9AM4FHNRK4
    15) 6YH7LAJMJ9EL

Please support by sharing a tweet or a facebook post with the app link. Thanks.

Have fun guys.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    6YH7LAJMJ9EL thank you

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    NLF9YAFEPH4M taken...

thanks a lot!

4. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Is this a unreleased app I tried looking for the itunes page does not show up?

5. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
  6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Sorry to break this to you but you can't leave a review if you use promo codes.

7. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Thanks for letting me know. I will post a link to my nouncy campaign instead or ask for a tweet ;)

8. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Got code N6F3YEWXNPHT - thanks

9. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Thanks I picked up 7T4PN3EXR3RJ

10. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    If we had a dime every time we mention this in the promo folder, people probably be able to buy a small Starbucks coffee or so,

Took R33A7XH7TLWJ.

All codes below this are taken. One reason not to post promo codes is sadly there are lurkers who can't even bother to say thanks for a free item. Best to give them out so you know who did get them.

11. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    haha I bet. It's such a no brainer thing to do, that I should have stopped and come to my senses. I feel ashamed, I'm such a noob. It is my first app though :)

12. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    #12 Javira, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Thanks for letting me know....I just manually looked up all of them and they are gone. Only one in three have been kind enough to leave a responds. Thank you for being that person.

I take it most users are neither blog owners nor journalists. I guess I won't be doing this again.

13. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Don't be so hard on yourself. It's not wrong to put codes in the open forum. It just depends on what YOU are hoping to get out of it.
    If you are wanting people to post feedback/impressions and/or advice, the only almost guarantee, is to ask people to post in the forum, or pm you their request, and then you send a code to them privately by pm.

If you are just wanting your game 'out there' for exposure, and you are too busy to respond to a bunch of requests, then post them openly in the forum. There is no right or wrong here.

Also, if you respond to someone in the forums, please press the quote button so that everyone knows who you are responding too or understands the context of what you wrote.

FYI: here at Touch Arcade, people love when the developer is active in the thread. It's nice to hear how you are doing with your game development and especially nice if you respond to the feedback people give you about your game. For a 'noob' you are doing fine.

1st game? I'm impressed.
    Well, I am going to play some more, then I will come back with some feedback/impression, suggestions, etc....

Congratulations on your 1st game!
    Good luck.

14. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I'm back with some impressions/feedback:

For a puzzle type game, I am loving this!
    It is creative and looks original to me.
    Controls are simple/easy. Just use your finger like it is the pencil and swipe around the screen as if you are shading the paper.
    Slowly, the picture starts appearing in the areas you are shading.
    The goal is to guess what the drawing is with as little shading/drawing as possible.

The only suggestion I would give is some instructions.
    When I first started playing, I didn't know what to do.
    For a minute, I thought the pencil was suppose to move on it"s own!

Fun game. I keep coming back to it. It's nice to play something that isn't copied over and over. I will purchase this as a gift for some friends as well.

I think it would be fun to have a 2 player mode, where two people are 'penciling' the same picture and race to see who gets the correct answer first.

Fun.

15. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    #15 Javira, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Wow, thanks Lavender for taking the time to leave such valuable feedback.

I am looking to do an update as soon as I get the word out. A big thing i am missing is the game trailer for appstore. Another noob mistake. I'v updated the first post with a link to the trailer.

It's my first indie game, but I am not new in the business. I used to work for Kiloo "the subway surfer guys" as their Creative Director and in console before that.

My background is in art, so I'm only a so so programmer. I think multiplayer for that reason is out of my reach, but it would be a great add on.

Great to hear that you keep coming back to the game. In later rounds you will find inverted sketches and even rotated sketches.

Can I use some of your feedback on my website? www.javira.com

Also I am hoping you will support the game with a small app review on the appstore to give it a boost?

Thanks again for taking your time. This is why I make games :)

16. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    You're welcome.

Well... You did a great job on your 1st game.
    Did you draw all the pictures/art for the game?

Yes, you can use some of my feedback and user name on your website.

About the app review... Unfortunately, when someone uses a code itunes does not allow you to leave feedback/reviews.otherwise, I would.

I'm sure all your future games will be even better then this one!
    Good luck to you.

17. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    #17 Javira, Feb 24, 2015
    Ok, no worries about the reviews.

The images are based on photos with some clever filters. I could make them look more like real sketches but I found the game got too easy. But looking at the scores people make in the game, I guess I could make it easier?

Here is a sneak peak at another game I am working on. It's been shelfed for a few years due to performance issues on iphone4, but I am getting back to it in a few months. More stuff at my facebook page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Wow! Those graphics are incredible. And; the mummy is so adorable. I love his walk.
    Did you just start working on the game again? Do you have an idea for an estimated release date?
    I know I want to try it!

I'd be happy to do some alpha or beta testing for you if you need it.

I Didn't see a link to your facebook. Can you post it so I can see more info about the game?

19. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    Really great game.
    I can't remember playing anything like it before. It's
    Far more difficult to figure the images out than you'd normally expect, especially for a multiple choice answer. Reminds me of the old detective movies where they'd rub the underlying page a note was written on to get the info they wrote down.
    A game that pretty much anyone of age would love and can play.

20. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    #20 Javira, Feb 24, 2015
    Thanks man...most of my followers on FB are waiting for the first TIMO game. Unfortunately they have been waiting for years due to technical issues, so I dare not give a release date. There are also a few games in beta before TIMO.

I will most definitely post on this forum when the time comes for beta testing. But until then follow one of the social links on my site, and you will get the news. For some odd reason, I can't make a link in this forum. Goto: javira.com