★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Participate in the most dangerous & daring journey to save mankind. Commanding a squad of human heroes to venture into the depths, fighting countless epic battles against hordes of enemies, do you have what it takes to be the last man standing?

Key Features:
Gorgeous 3D graphics.
Pick a squad of 3 Heroes to jump into action. Execute your own strategy to perfection!
6 Heroes to be unlocked, each with unique abilities & upgrades.
Encounter 100+ unique enemies & bosses.
Strengthen heroes with 300+ Upgrades, classified into categories of Weapon, Armor, Aura & Skill.
Utilize 12 powerful Armory power-ups to overcome all kinds of enemies.
100+ Quests available for exploration & rewards.
Be the most famous fighter by unlocking all 50 Achievements!
02-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Looks nice, but im not sure what the gameplay is.

Also, having a NOVA-esque icon doesnt help boost this game's first impression on me.

oh... and dat mech.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

02-24-2015, 08:49 AM
Downloading, this game is coming from a very passionate studio which I know very well. The game looks gorgeous.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
02-24-2015, 11:21 AM
Well , I certainly was not expecting the type of game this really is
looking at the screenshots and reading the description.

Frankly ,I was hoping for a squad based strategy game. This looks more like an
arcade shooter.

Looks nice....just not my cup of tea.
02-24-2015, 09:27 PM
It's a shmup. A crappy one. Or maybe it's just not what im looking for in a shmup.
02-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It's a shmup. A crappy one. Or maybe it's just not what im looking for in a shmup.
Well that's disappointing... We've really been hurting for shmups on the iOS since Cave went down. I'm REALLY hoping their upcoming title gets the genre active again. =o/
02-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Ugh, might have been sort of interesting if the squad even seemed to run and or maneuver as individuals together. But instead they literally seem to float in tandem up the corridors like they were conjoined triplets. They might as well be a spaceship the way they move. It's so painful looking.
02-25-2015, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Well that's disappointing... We've really been hurting for shmups on the iOS since Cave went down. I'm REALLY hoping their upcoming title gets the genre active again. =o/
Yup. I actually only have Phoenix HD and Danmaku Unlimited 2 left on my ipad.

I hope someday we get another good shmup. Though right now i'd prefer a more modern or new title, instead of a port.

Wasnt there a recent 2-dollar shmup title that had a sale down to a buck over a weekend for its release? That might be worth checking out, but im not sure i can find it.

EDIT: Found it, and it isnt a shmup when i watched the video. Sky Patrol :P

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 02-25-2015 at 01:02 AM.
02-25-2015, 01:04 PM
I downloaded the game and loaded it up and the first screen it requires you to make an account. There is no explanation why nor is there anyway to play as a guest. I am not making some account when I cannot even try the game to see if it's something I might like.

Uninstalled.

Billy
02-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yup. I actually only have Phoenix HD and Danmaku Unlimited 2 left on my ipad.

I hope someday we get another good shmup. Though right now i'd prefer a more modern or new title, instead of a port.

Wasnt there a recent 2-dollar shmup title that had a sale down to a buck over a weekend for its release? That might be worth checking out, but im not sure i can find it.

EDIT: Found it, and it isnt a shmup when i watched the video. Sky Patrol :P
Have you tried FullBlast? It's relatively new and tons of fun. Not really a bullet hell like Cave shmups, but it's awesome nonetheless. FullBlast, Sector Strike, and Darius Burst are my favorite iOS shmups.