★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Atomas is a fascinating puzzle game, which you can learn in seconds but will entertain you for weeks. The perfect game for your spare time!

Your little universe starts with hydrogen atoms only but with the help of the energy rich plus atoms you are able to fusion two hydrogen atoms into one helium atom, 2 helium atoms into one lithium atom and so on. Your primary goal is to create the valuable elements like Gold, Platinum and Silver.

But watch out, if your universe is overfilled with too many atoms it will cause a big crunch and the game is over.
One way to prevent this is to build up long symmetries in your atoms and start big chain reactions.

From time to time minus atoms appear, use them for absorbing and replacing atoms within your universe or sacrifice them for a plus atom.

You see Atomas is not hard to play, but if you want to get to the top you'll need a good strategy, which keeps your atoms organized.

By creating new elements like oxygen or copper you unlock lucky charms, which effect the game in various ways and adjust it to your strategy.

What Atomas offers you:

- 4 different game modes
- simple but addicting game mechanics
- 124 different atoms to create
- 12 different lucky charms
- exciting challenges
- compare your scores with friends via GameCenter
- share your score on twitter and Facebook
- quick tutorial

The developers high score is 66 534. Can you do better?
02-25-2015, 12:46 PM
This game is great, it's a simple matching game in basic but with a nice twist.
It took a while for me to understand the game's rule since I abandoned the tutorial part, but once I got it I found if this is great for wasting my spare time

02-25-2015, 12:59 PM
I like this game. I can't seem to delete the name Albert for the high score name and then if I try to add letters I can't delete those either.
02-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
I like this game. I can't seem to delete the name Albert for the high score name and then if I try to add letters I can't delete those either.
Hi, I'm the developer of Atomas.

I'm so sorry because of that bug with the textfield
It seems that this problem occurs on devices that are older than the iPhone6 / Plus. I will fix it as soon as possible!
02-25-2015, 05:27 PM
No problem, just thought you'd want to know. Yeah I'm still holding onto my 5c.
02-26-2015, 01:20 AM
This is absolutely fantastic, another surprise gem from today/yesterday. Slight hint of Threes but only very barely, it has a unique feel and a classy visual style.

It's one of those games where being passionate about the subject matter helps a lot but really doesn't matter in the long run. It's a game of numbers and strategy, and what a game it is!

It's something you probably need to play to understand the appeal but I adore it already and will be playing for some time to come!

Note: I also had the Albert name bug, no big deal but obviously a fix will be grand when possible. Cheers!
02-26-2015, 01:36 AM
Well looks I have to try this then.. I like science, I like puzzle games and ... My name is Albert 😃😃
02-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breinstein View Post
Well looks I have to try this then.. I like science, I like puzzle games and ... My name is Albert 😃😃
Lol perfect! I hope this game gets more attention this week. Highest I got was 9. I like this game better than Threes. Love the visual style as well.
02-26-2015, 02:30 PM
I'm glad you like Atomas
I've fixed the Textfield problem and added 5 more Atoms. The update should be approved by Apple within one week.

I also want to share my strategies to achieve a high score (I've got 19 000 Points and the Gold Atom (37) ):

Chain reaction:
When ever possible build up chain reaction, which you can start with only one plus atom. The longer the better.

Helper line:
Perhaps you have already noticed the fine line around the game field. This line shows you the current longest possible chain reaction in your atoms.

Minus:
Most of times you should use the minus to absorb "sleeping" atoms
(atoms that currently don't spawn in the middle) and convert them to a plus atom.

So if you have created a really high atoms with a large chain reaction you should remove it afterward, because as long as it doesn't spawn in the middle it's an obstacle for you.
Don't worry, it still counts as your highest atom of the game even when you remove it.

The same thing with low atoms: if you have 1 helium within 15 sodiums you should remove it as soon as possible, because you won't get another helium to make a helium pair.

Use Minus as a replacer only if it helps you to build a big chain reaction.

Lucky Charms:
If you create new Elements you also unlock new lucky charms. Choose that one that fits your strategy. I'm using Potassium (Kalium) which gives you 20% more Plus atoms, but -10% less Minus Atoms.

This are the main strategies, which worked pretty good for me. If you have some other tips and strategies i'd love to hear them

Have fun playing!

Last edited by sirnik; 02-26-2015 at 02:33 PM.
02-26-2015, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnik View Post
I'm glad you like Atomas
I've fixed the Textfield problem and added 5 more Atoms. The update should be approved by Apple within one week.

I also want to share my strategies to achieve a high score (I've got 19 000 Points and the Gold Atom (37) ):

Chain reaction:
When ever possible build up chain reaction, which you can start with only one plus atom. The longer the better.

Helper line:
Perhaps you have already noticed the fine line around the game field. This line shows you the current longest possible chain reaction in your atoms.

Minus:
Most of times you should use the minus to absorb "sleeping" atoms
(atoms that currently don't spawn in the middle) and convert them to a plus atom.

So if you have created a really high atoms with a large chain reaction you should remove it afterward, because as long as it doesn't spawn in the middle it's an obstacle for you.
Don't worry, it still counts as your highest atom of the game even when you remove it.

The same thing with low atoms: if you have 1 helium within 15 sodiums you should remove it as soon as possible, because you won't get another helium to make a helium pair.

Use Minus as a replacer only if it helps you to build a big chain reaction.

Lucky Charms:
If you create new Elements you also unlock new lucky charms. Choose that one that fits your strategy. I'm using Potassium (Kalium) which gives you 20% more Plus atoms, but -10% less Minus Atoms.

This are the main strategies, which worked pretty good for me. If you have some other tips and strategies i'd love to hear them

Have fun playing!

This is a really really fun game, and it is hard to put down!

How do Charms get unlocked? I've made it up to Argon, and saw many Potassium elements, so I am thinking it might be based off of score and not your highest element?

edit:

Duh! Potassium is K and not P

Last edited by marshallmick007; 02-26-2015 at 03:40 PM.