★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The points and puns card game arrives on iOS! Play Sopio anywhere, even if you dont have any friends!

Get to 1000 points to win before your opponents; play cards on yourself, play cards on them, play cards on no-one and just enjoy the pictures.

- Enjoy a game of Sopio against real computer opponents!
- Share your victories with digital friends via Facebook + Twitter!
- Use Sunflower Men, Evil Spiders, Joyless Bears and more to ensure victory!
- Featuring Cards from Sopio Deck 1!

Unlock two booster packs and 18 unique opponents with either game skill or your money.

Have real life friends or want more information? Go to sopiocards.com

If you have any questions or comments please send an email to support@lightwoodgames.com. We cannot reply to you if you leave messages in your reviews, so please contact us first if youre having any problems.
02-25-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm curious but 90% of the cards just seem +/- 100-500 points. Is it that simplistic?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

02-26-2015, 12:11 AM
This looks very attractive, has anyone tried it yet/before?
02-26-2015, 02:04 AM
I don't mind the silly art but would like to know how the actual game plays out.
02-26-2015, 03:38 AM
I don't usually just by a game on a whim but this looked fun. It's kind of like the game Uno, give and take based on the cards you draw and play on either yourself or your opponents. The goal is to just get to 1000 points. Once all the cards have been played the winner is the one with the most points, I won a game with - 100. The booster cards are unlocked through play as well as more opponents or you can pay .99 to unlock booster cards. You can choose your opponents at the beginning of the game however you are always playing with 3 others, no way to just play with 1 or2 if you wanted. The controls are just tap and drag and drop onto yourself or your opponent and the game plays in portrait mode. It's also based on a physical card game. I'm having fun with this, I like it.
02-26-2015, 05:15 AM
If you'd like to see how the card game plays, here's a video of the creators of the game explaining the rules and showing you how to play

Youtube link | Pop Up

And here's a video of the app

Youtube link | Pop Up

Happy to answer any questions

View our full catalogue - http://www.lightwoodgames.com
02-26-2015, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
I don't usually just by a game on a whim but this looked fun. It's kind of like the game Uno, give and take based on the cards you draw and play on either yourself or your opponents. The goal is to just get to 1000 points. Once all the cards have been played the winner is the one with the most points, I won a game with - 100. The booster cards are unlocked through play as well as more opponents or you can pay .99 to unlock booster cards. You can choose your opponents at the beginning of the game however you are always playing with 3 others, no way to just play with 1 or2 if you wanted. The controls are just tap and drag and drop onto yourself or your opponent and the game plays in portrait mode. It's also based on a physical card game. I'm having fun with this, I like it.
Thats good enough for me to spend 2. Thanks for your effort.
02-26-2015, 11:25 AM
If this had multiplayer I'd buy it
02-26-2015, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markaman View Post
If this had multiplayer I'd buy it
The designers of the card game insisted that we did not include multiplayer, because a deck of Sopio cards already provides the multiplayer experience they wanted. It's small, portable and played quickly with friends.

That's why we have offline play vs a number of AI opponent characters in the app. You can't do that with a deck of cards

View our full catalogue - http://www.lightwoodgames.com
02-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlitSkies View Post
The designers of the card game insisted that we did not include multiplayer, because a deck of Sopio cards already provides the multiplayer experience they wanted. It's small, portable and played quickly with friends.

That's why we have offline play vs a number of AI opponent characters in the app. You can't do that with a deck of cards
Do the different AI opponents have their own strategies?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews