★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Beautiful. Simple. Symmetrical.

"...a new level of frustrating satisfaction." - Pete Ozzy, Touch Arcade
"It's sparkly and tough." - PocketGamer.co.uk

In Symmetrica, you control two spaceships with a single tap in this unique game experience.

Fly through space as you narrowly avoid dangerous obstacles in this addictive and infinite cosmic adventure! Symmetrica is simple to pick up, with intuitive one-button gameplay, but don't get caught off guard; it's not easy to master!
02-25-2015, 07:11 AM
I was prepared to find this pretty disinteresting but I'm actually really enjoying it. Rather than being a simple Dextris clone, it takes it to a new level of frustrating satisfaction.

It's a little bit of Dextris but also a touch of the Flappy. You touch to move each craft towards the centre of the screen and let go to descend. Very standard stuff but the execution is where it impressed me.

When the ships "kiss" it gives a points boost, so between dodging the obstacles you'll be trying to feather the touches to get them in the sweet spot. It's nice to see obstacles that defy the typical left, right and middle options for layout too. You'll be sweeping in and out of some tricky randomised levels.

There's an IAP to remove ads, no consumable/pay-to-win nonsense and Game Centre integration. It doesn't create a new genre or do something you haven't necessarily seen somewhere else but it does it all well and sometimes that's all you need. Pretty impressed!

02-25-2015, 07:36 AM
Sweet impressions Pete. I'll definitely check this out later.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-25-2015, 01:23 PM
How much is the unlock?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
02-25-2015, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
How much is the unlock?
$1.99. It also adds four extra themes: Pop, Summer, Dawn, Snow. Not sure if they're purely visual or include sound/gameplay changes but still a nice bonus.
02-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I was prepared to find this pretty disinteresting but I'm actually really enjoying it. Rather than being a simple D̶e̶x̶t̶r̶i̶s̶ SHREDD clone, it takes it to a new level of frustrating satisfaction.

It's a little bit of D̶e̶x̶t̶r̶i̶s̶ SHREDD but also a touch of the Flappy. You touch to move each craft towards the centre of the screen and let go to descend. Very standard stuff but the execution is where it impressed me.
Regards,
Chaotic Box Legal Department.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me Twitter YouTube
02-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm the developer of Symmetrica. I appreciate you making this thread, it was a pleasant surprise for me when I got online this morning!

It still hasn't officially been released where I live (U.S.), but here's a launch trailer for you guys to enjoy!

unauthorizedgames.com

Last edited by Babel Fish; 02-25-2015 at 09:57 PM.
02-26-2015, 02:56 AM
Lol, that trailer is hilarious! As far as the game, I usually don't go for these twitch style games, but this one is pretty fun! Will be playing this quite often I think... I might even buy the unlock just to support them. It gets pretty tricky when the ships cross and the controls invert, but I'm getting used to it. I guess that's all part of the challenge! Awesome work devs! Also, the UI is beautifully done, I'm really loving it! have a great day!
02-26-2015, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined87 View Post
Lol, that trailer is hilarious! As far as the game, I usually don't go for these twitch style games, but this one is pretty fun! Will be playing this quite often I think... I might even buy the unlock just to support them. It gets pretty tricky when the ships cross and the controls invert, but I'm getting used to it. I guess that's all part of the challenge! Awesome work devs! Also, the UI is beautifully done, I'm really loving it! have a great day!
Hahaha who came up with this trailer? It's hilarious, and very well into the spirit of "hey, we just made a game for people to enjoy, not some super-serious diamond that you all need to tread around carefully"

If i was into fast twitch kind of games (tried and i'm not) i would definitely download and pay for the IAP. Looking forward to anything you make from a different genre that i can play