★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Time Magazine - Featured in Best New iPhone Puzzle Games (March 2, 2015) ***

This is strategic match-3 game where you connect stones, undeground creatures and other absurd things to discover the entire absurd chain.

Game features:

- Connect 3 or more items/creatures of the same type to discover the next link of the chain;
- Plan your move strategically to make sure that the next one is possible;
- Earn and upgrade Bonus Actions that will help you to recover from hard situations;
- Classic "Boulder Dash" like gravity mechanics;
- Absurdopedia: funny descriptions of the items in the chain.
- This is a mix between Triple Town and Dungeon Raid.

*** Reviews ***

- Time Magazine (online) - featured in "Best New iPhone Puzzle Games":

"I am immediately fond of any game that embraces its own absurdity on the most superficial level. At first, this plays like most match gamesthe basic principle of which is to line up as many similar items in a row. But in Deeply Absurd Chain, matching items only reveals the next link in the chain, allowing for far more complicated moves. Its a game that sends you down a rabbit hole of cartoonish puzzling with an archeological theme."

- Daily Mail UK:

"I admit I started playing this purely because of the beguiling title, but its a pretty fun little puzzle game, devoid of the usual Candy Crush moments where the game rudely asks for your credit card. You draw lines to connect together blobs, and slowly evolve prehistoric creatures. Little brain power is required, but it has a serene, hypnotic quality."

- JayIsGames:

"The longest chain is not necessarily the best move. You need to keep in mind your surroundings. Maybe you want that big patch of rocks to become three warm-blooded rocks instead of just one so you can combine those three into the next part of the chain. Where you end your match is important as well because the upgraded item will land there. Speed isn't a factor, so take your time to plan the best moves... Deeply Absurd Chain has a surprising amount of strategy for something so easy to pick up, and it will keep you playing for quite awhile."

- OneMoreLevel:

"Who knows what absurd thing you'll find lurking under the surface of the earth in this strategic match-3 game."
02-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Finally it is here! Thanks Pete!

I'm the developer of iOS and Android games, such as Tentacle Wars, Damn Little Town, Deeply Absurd Chain and Movie Fanatic. Blog: lumarama.com Follow me on Twitter

02-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Gameplay video:

I'm the developer of iOS and Android games, such as Tentacle Wars, Damn Little Town, Deeply Absurd Chain and Movie Fanatic. Blog: lumarama.com Follow me on Twitter
02-25-2015, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumarama View Post
Finally it is here! Thanks Pete!
I don't understand that comment, coming from the developer...
02-25-2015, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleki View Post
I don't understand that comment, coming from the developer...
Well, developers wait their game releases too. Probably even more than players do

02-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Looking forward to this one.
02-25-2015, 02:08 PM
This looks good. I see its price is listed as Free and was wondering if it has ads. If so, can they be disabled via IAP? Thanks in advance for any info.
02-25-2015, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
This looks good. I see its price is listed as Free and was wondering if it has ads. If so, can they be disabled via IAP? Thanks in advance for any info.
There are no IAPs in the game at this point. But we plan adding one-time IAP option to remove ads. While please note that even now there are no distracting ads during the gameplay itself.

Thank you for your interest in our game!

Last edited by lumarama; 02-25-2015 at 03:37 PM.
02-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Looks good. Good luck - one of the few games this week I'm looking forward to trying.
02-25-2015, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumarama View Post
There are no IAPs in the game at this point. But we plan adding one-time IAP option to remove ads. While please note that even now there are no distracting ads during the gameplay itself.

Thank you for your interest in our game!
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to trying the game and eventual option to remove ads!