★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Save your city... WITH MUSIC!

Missiles are falling and you must stop them! Use the power of loud, catchy music to destroy them in this unique rhythm game!

"Once you get into the rhythm of things, BeatDefense is quite fun even if it is pretty simple" -- 148apps
"War may be hell, but BeatDefense looks to prove that the devil has the best tunes" -- PocketGamer
"Ever wonder what happens when you cross Guitar Hero with Missile Command? Me neither, but BeatDefense is setting out to answer that question anyhow" -- DroidGamer

Features:
* Beautiful pseudo-retro graphics (old-school sprites with new-school lighting and day-night cycle. HD is not hardcore enough!)
* Record your replay and share it on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook thanks to Everyplay!
* The best music by the best Creative Commons artists
* Particles everywhere
* Too much groove
* Happy dancing buildings
* EIGHT levels that range from easy to totally unfair
02-25-2015, 07:00 PM
I absolutely adore this so far. It's like Rhythm Heaven meets Missile Command, with an emphasis on the former. The music is great, it looks gorgeous and it's just so ridiculously fun.

I love it. Cannot wait to play some more of this.

I'd quite like the first level to be a bit harder though as it has the potential (seemingly) to go on forever. If the later levels step up the challenge then this will be fantastic.

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 02-25-2015 at 07:04 PM.
02-26-2015, 03:27 PM
This is pretty fun, nice find Pete! I do think it's a little bare bones. I couldn't see myself paying to remove ads. That said, what is here is definitely fun in a short burst.
03-15-2015, 03:14 AM
Could i ask for a list of songs in this app?
04-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Hey! Developer here.

Thank you all for your feedback. I'm actually pretty happy to find someone has noticed this app and liked it.

We recently launched BeatDefense 1.2, with a new song and new and more complex mechanics, so I think you might find it a better game now.

As for the music, here's a list of the songs in the game:

1.- Kevin MacLeod - Cephalopod
2.- MachinimaSound - Fire Within
3.- Subdream - Space Philately
4.- BoxCat Games - Epic Song
5.- CyberSDF - Distress
6.- Synthaurion - No Return From Here
7.- Polyfied - Patterns Evolved