★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pavel Quest is a puzzle platformer requiring split second execution and problem solving skills. Pavel is a hero who has been captured by the diabolical mastermind Lukas. Taken to Lukas's castle on his own private island, Pavel must make his way through the trap filled castle to regain his freedom.

Created by ElevenSeventy, a team of two game lovers, Pavel Quest is the first commercial product released by ElevenSeventy. Having worked on multiplayer shooters in other jobs we knew how hard it is get complicated games right with limited resources. So we opted to aim for a simple concept, and make it great. Over time we added features like gravity anomalies, bounce pads, fireballs, acid spouts, secret characters, and a replay system. All while preserving the balance of simplicity and difficulty. Pavel Quest is a hard game, but it is rewarding as well. When you beat a level, all of your deaths are shown in a replay along with your successful run.

Pavel Quest is a game aimed at players who love old school and retro platformers like Super Mario Bros, Sonic, and Super Meat Boy. With 30+ unique levels of scaling difficulty and a secret unlockable character; Pavel Quest will keep you playing long after you beat it.

PeteOzzy's comments:

02-26-2015, 01:47 AM
This looks interesting,
I'll give it a go.

Curious: why free? What's the catch. Is it financed by ads?

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
02-26-2015, 06:31 AM
The art style and description made me curious, and when i started the game i thought, oh no, an auto speed runner...no GC, sometimes way over the top fast, counting deaths, fast replaying (with a ghost replay after a level) and a catchy music...and all the sudden i ended up playing for 250+ deaths and still going.

It is what it is and does what it does, strange somehow, and yet, i only can give you my recommendation if you're a bit into this genre.

Btw, using Weblock, so i'v never seen ads. Installed 64 MB.
02-26-2015, 08:31 AM
Nice, this reminds me of Castlevania.

Edit: It is an endless runner type of game, but divided into separate levels. After playing it for a while, I'm guessing this game was going to be like Castlevania, but the idea was scrapped later on. Would've been nice, though.

Last edited by pinOi32; 02-26-2015 at 10:07 AM.
02-26-2015, 03:03 PM
This is another really cool game from last night. As mentioned, it's a level-based auto-runner a little like the iOS Rayman games but in a Castlevania world.

I'm not getting the impression it's a reworked platformer really; it feels like a very smart speedrunner with multiple paths and that's how it was intended. It works beautifully and I'll be replaying levels to shave off seconds without a doubt.

I haven't seen a single ad or IAP yet so I'm cautiously optimistic that this is something everyone needs to download. The platforming is so smart, with using walls to turn and change the timing to avoid traps working really well as more elements are introduced.

Honestly, I'd have paid good for money for this and I'm only a few levels in.