★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Years of intergalactic struggle, planetary annihilation and constant privateering have left space a ghastly mess. It is your destiny to pilot the Photon through an array of space junk, left over planet debris and all sorts of wonders from the intergalactic fun, of which you will not be a part.

Good luck out there I hear there are many other pilots looking to find the odd bit of hidden loot to upgrade their measly ships.

-Retro inspired pixel graphics
-Endless gameplay
-5 Hyper modes
-A menagerie of enemies to pew pew
-High Score chasing thrill ride
-A multiplier, to multiply your score!
-Original Chip-Tune-inspired OST

Wake Lock - to keep screen from sleeping
Internet - for updates to news ticker on home screen, Twitter sharing of scores

PeteOzzy's comments:

02-25-2015, 05:32 PM
The trailer looks good and it's nice to look at so that's another one added to the buy list for tonight!

02-26-2015, 12:10 AM
Impressive gameplay. First one I've commented on. So obviously this is a buy for me as well.
02-26-2015, 05:51 AM
Does it have iCade support? *fingers crossed*
02-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Game looks awesome; love the trailer music too. Anyone know the artist? Love to find more stuff by them.
02-26-2015, 12:11 PM
😮😮😮 must......resist....urge to download!
02-26-2015, 09:21 PM
So this is a fun little "rogue-like" schmup. I dig the music, the retro sounds, and of course the retro graphics. There's nothing in the manner of permanent upgrades, but the further you progress each run, the more your ship will upgrade and become stronger (more powerful). Pretty fun in short bursts. Strangely, this game is a high score chaser without any form of leaderboards....? Hopefully that is integrated, as I don't see much replayability if it's just a local score save.
02-27-2015, 12:29 PM
^^^ as Chief said.

I bought this the minute it was out but got spilled away by two other great games this week. Now i found a few minutes...

Wow, what an adorable charming retro look, top music and good working relative touch controls this little shooter gem offers. Every hit you make raises slowly your multiplier, take one and it's set back to start. Everything is given for a cool highscore chaser.

Instead, we're given no Gamecenter or in-game leaderboard, no screen orientation (button on the right on 5s, argh!), one audio button for both (heck, who needs this, really?), the sfx could be louder compared to the music and a button to leave the app (never understood this). Pity, very pity.

Recommended only for art style and people who don't mind having no GC.
02-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Hi all - I'm the artist on this one happy to answer any questions. I've been hanging around the TA forums for years so it's odd being on this side now. But please feel free to check out more of my art on Twitter @planckpixels or my online portfolio. http://nabaroo.com/planckpixels
Hope u all enjoy the game
02-27-2015, 09:52 PM
This game is a great little high score shooter! Gloriously retro. Game Center would be nice though.
I hope it is successful!