★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Unveil the world of Echo Dawn, a classic console-style RPG where discovery, strategy and challenge are at your fingertips. Fully customize your party, stats, and difficulty level. Oh and in the process youll save the world and be a hero of LEGENDARY proportions. Ninja included!

Features:
Deep, tactical gameplay
With hundreds of abilities and items, you choose what works best for your party.
Each level, you decide 3 of the 6 stats you want to improve for each character.
Play defensively with heavy armor equipment and place your characters in the back row.
Or you can decide to be aggressive and dual wield with your characters in the front row for maximum damage.

Create the party youve always wanted to play
Choose your class for each of the 4 characters in your party.
7 unique classes.
Do you want to play a party of 4 healers? Why not? (Although, I recommend 4 bards.)

Customize your play style for each character
Do you want to build your ninja to be slow and hit for lots of damage? Use a katana and improve your strength.
Or do you want your ninja to be lightning fast and hit for medium damage? Improve your agility and use daggers.
Or maybe you just want to sit in the back, throwing shurikens, and poison your enemies to death. To achieve such awesomeness, improve your intelligence. The choice is yours.

Multiple difficulties
Just playing for the story? Play Easy.
Are you an RPG expert? Play Hard.
Want to experience the game just the way it was intended? Play Normal.
Or maybe, you like dying, reloading, being frustrated and grinding your way to the end. Then play Impossible. But dont say we didnt warn you.

High replayability
With 7 different classes, 4 different difficulties, hundreds of items and abilities, you can play through the game with many different tactics.
Fight the 4 optional dragons in the Caves of Chaos for a true challenge.
Try to see if you can beat Impossible mode.

An epic 15 hour long story
Explore an epic fantasy where the first humans face corruption and ultimate destruction.
A story of memories, blood, death, corruption, betrayal, love, life, friendship and the future of all things.

SUPPORT
Are you having problems? Email support@pixelightgames.com for assistance.

PeteOzzy's comments:

02-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Looks fantastic but doesnt look universal?

02-25-2015, 08:05 PM
I drool at this... I'm in rpg anonymous
02-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks fantastic but doesnt look universal?
Yeah it's weird it isn't universal.
02-26-2015, 02:30 AM
Echo Dawn is out now!

Out on itunes store now!
https://appsto.re/us/qxpL5.i
02-26-2015, 05:56 AM
Looks good and plays good though!

It looks sharp and plays good on my iPad air! There are some very cool things about the character abilities as you keep leveling up. A bard that doesn't suck? I may have found a new favorite classic style rpg. Definitely try it! Note: if you're looking for it on your iPad app store, make sure to select "iPhone only" on the left side and it will show up! I hope the developer updates to universal, but that being said it's still high-res and sharp and I'll have no problems at all playing through as is.

Last edited by Merlin; 02-26-2015 at 06:00 AM. Reason: added how to find it in app store on an iPad
02-26-2015, 12:07 PM
So how's the combat system? I usually am not a fan of the party turn based unless it's FF DW or actually on a map, isometric or top down or something. But if it has a lot of nuance I might have found what to spend my last five bucks on my account on... :P but then again it's between that or Altos and Goblin sword... I can't figure out if there is any other good RPGs coming out!!! I beat BHL, beside the last battle lol
02-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Huge rpg fan.

Seems good, enjoyable so far.

Tad on the slow side. Character movement on over world area and also speed of battles.

How can I tell which enemy is next - I specifically want to target the enemy that will attack next but there is nothing that signifies who that is, if multiple enemies of same type there is no way to know?

How do you tell how much items are in the shop? I can't tell if I'm doing it wrong or because I don't have enough gold it doesn't say?
02-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Need to fix exiting app and going back in, unplayable, this is a mobile game and that seems to be quite an oversight IMO, loving the game so far though. Even though I have had to start over twice because my phone turned off before I could save. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
02-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Hi dudecoolguyman! Really happy to hear you're enjoying Echo Dawn

Quote:
How can I tell which enemy is next - I specifically want to target the enemy that will attack next but there is nothing that signifies who that is, if multiple enemies of same type there is no way to know?
There is currently no system in place to let you know the exact enemy that is attacking next (except making note with your memory or writing it down. I've done this on difficult battles), just the type of enemy, unless of course there is just one of that enemy such as a boss.

That can be difficult to plan attacks and defense we realize, we also feel it's part of what makes the battles challenging, fun and less predictable. Say if you have a save point loaded, trigger a battle by walking around, then fought the battle and won/lost, then without saving go to the main menu and load your save point and battled again, the monsters turn order and abilities used can be different each time!

Quote:
How do you tell how much items are in the shop? I can't tell if I'm doing it wrong or because I don't have enough gold it doesn't say?
In order to see how much an item is you need to select the desired item, then look to the cash register beside the vendor and at the numbers on the register itself as it will show how much that item costs. To see how much gold you have total look below the bag of coins on the counter. I hope the attached image will be helpful to you.

If you are in need of further assistance please send us an email at: support@pixelightgames.com

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shop register.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	84206  

Last edited by PixelightGames; 02-26-2015 at 05:34 PM. Reason: clarifying/adding to a sentence