★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Stegabyte
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 57.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Waste no time! Guide a stranded castaway through a series of puzzling desert islands.

4/5 - Apple 'n' Apps
4/5 - Gamezebo

You must reach the campfire by nightfall. But with each step time moves forward and the world changes, making things difficult. Trees grow, bridges crumble, animals age, waters rise; everything gets in your way!

Luckily, time can be reversed if you make a mistake. Take as much time as you need to solve this sailors timely puzzles!

Features
Four-dimensional puzzles where timing is everything
Reverse your steps if you make a mistake
Many obstacles along the way including tortoises, rocks, jellyfish, rising tides and more!
Very challenging
Over 50 puzzles to solve

Boardumb's comments:

02-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Wow!
This game was a nice surprise.
The puzzles are some of the best designed I've seen for a while. While there is a fair amount of trial and error involved at the beginning, once the mechanics click it gets down and dirty very fast. Already stuck on the tenth level xP.
Graphics and music are actually quite nice, better than I expected.
A must try: it's free! There's an IAP to remove ads, which I will definitely be getting

02-26-2015, 01:14 PM
cute graphics

free, first person view scifi adventure game: https://www.facebook.com/Dead-Cyborg-157189304366315/
02-26-2015, 03:30 PM
TheGreatEscaper,

This is a great recommendation. Tried a few puzzles. Definitely agree with solid puzzle mechanics and interesting concept of the ability to fast forward or rewing time to change landscape and obstacles. Need to watch out for red herrings that might otherwise throw you off track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Wow!
This game was a nice surprise.
The puzzles are some of the best designed I've seen for a while. While there is a fair amount of trial and error involved at the beginning, once the mechanics click it gets down and dirty very fast. Already stuck on the tenth level xP.
Graphics and music are actually quite nice, better than I expected.
A must try: it's free! There's an IAP to remove ads, which I will definitely be getting
02-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to tullonator
One of the devs here,

Thanks for trying it out and the positive feedback It's pretty fresh so let us know if you have any issues, or if you find anything confusing or difficult.

Cheers!
02-26-2015, 06:43 PM
tullonator,

Great to see the developer dropping by. I am enjoying the puzzles a lot. Interesting mechanics, particularly ones that are not entirely obvious such as lifting.

Some questions for you:

With lifting, is it possible for the lifted object (such as rock) to be dropped? For turtles, they automatically run after and land on the next move. But for rocks, this is obviously not true.

Are there any known levels in which shortcut solutions have been discovered already since the game's initial release? For example, 4-1 can be completed with 3 moves left (dial ends just before 3 when level ends) and 4-2 can be completed with 1 move left (dial ends halfway between 2 and 1 when level ends).

Are there any errors in the par move numbers you discovered in the game? I am currently stuck on a puzzle that requires 1 more move than hinted by the game. Don't want to name the level yet, but I want to check first that you have verified that all of the levels are truly solvable at par.

What is the maximum number of moves a level can have? For me, 4-2 having a par value of 33 is excessive for a crate-moving-type puzzle game (which, ironically, can be done in just 32 moves).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullonator View Post
One of the devs here,

Thanks for trying it out and the positive feedback It's pretty fresh so let us know if you have any issues, or if you find anything confusing or difficult.

Cheers!

Last edited by y2kmp3; 02-26-2015 at 07:35 PM.
02-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post

Some questions for you:

With lifting, is it possible for the lifted object (such as rock) to be dropped? For turtles, they automatically run after and land on the next move. But for rocks, this is obviously not true.
Figuring that out is part of the puzzle As far as input goes, you can only move left, right, forward, back, up, down, and sit. You can also rotate and zoom the camera. So nothing to explicity throw a rock off your head

Quote:

Are there any known levels in which shortcut solutions have been discovered already since the game's initial release?
I wrote a tool to solve the levels but it was reeeaaally slow, so aren't sure yet; we did find one ourselves after we put the build up. We have analytics in there and will be watching over the next few days to see if anyone finds any short cuts.
02-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Cute game and appealing visuals. Simple idea, but creative and unique puzzler. This game should get more recognition.
02-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Care to share what that level is with the shortcut solution? As stated in my previous post, both 4-1 and 4-2 can be completed under par (4-1 with 3 moves left and 4-2 with 1 move left). Additionally, 3-4 can be completed with 1 move left.

BTW, 3-5 is very clever. Nice new mechanic that is left to the player to discover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullonator View Post
I wrote a tool to solve the levels but it was reeeaaally slow, so aren't sure yet; we did find one ourselves after we put the build up. We have analytics in there and will be watching over the next few days to see if anyone finds any short cuts.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 02-26-2015 at 08:43 PM.
02-26-2015, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Care to share what that level is with the shortcut solution? As stated in my previous post, both 4-1 and 4-2 can be completed under par (4-1 with 3 moves left and 4-2 with 1 move left). Additionally, 3-4 can be completed with 1 move left.

BTW, 3-5 is very clever. Nice new mechanic that is left to the player to discover.
Nice!

We were aware of 4-1, we'd fixed it but didn't quite make it into the first release. It didn't seem to matter too much as you still use the same solution. Just found another way to do 3-4 as you said; good find! Haven't found a quicker way to do 4-2 yet

Our aim was to have it that each level ends with zero moves left, but there are 1000s of possibilities, and when testing it is hard to think of other paths when you already know a solution.

Let me know if you find more, makes it fun to play our own game.