★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Question about the new Rolando "+Plus" update

09-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Question about the new Rolando "+Plus" update

The latest Rolando 1 update includes Plus network and stuff...

But I wanted to know before I update... Does the new icon have that "Plus" banner on the corner like it does in the app store??

What I mean is, when you update Rolando, does the icon that's on your actual iPhone still have that "Plus+" banner??

I find it ugly so if it does I won't update. ;P

Thanks
09-15-2009, 09:04 PM
the icon is seriously that important to you that you wont update a game to make it better?

wow....
09-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes it does.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Indeed. I also found it quite unnecessary – it would be nice if they followed up the same for Rolando 2. Star Defence has the label but Luxor doesn't ... consistency would be king.

But I can cope with that one. Other apps I have uninstalled due to their icons – WeatherNZ is quite handy and if the icon on the phone was the same as the one on the store, it would be great; icons with black borders in general = fail, but that one is of an umbrella open across the diagonal on a black border, it doesn't even try to be rounded in any way ><.

I keep Pocket Tanks Deluxe on because it's a decent game, but icons with the app name on them also = fail.

Similarly, apps that get their names truncated on the device are fail, along with those that don't capitalise the app name. If we could just customise this stuff a bit, all would be well . Ability to see on the store how all that would be on the device would also be nice.
09-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiNZ View Post
Indeed. I also found it quite unnecessary – it would be nice if they followed up the same for Rolando 2. Star Defence has the label but Luxor doesn't ... consistency would be king.

But I can cope with that one. Other apps I have uninstalled due to their icons – WeatherNZ is quite handy and if the icon on the phone was the same as the one on the store, it would be great; icons with black borders in general = fail, but that one is of an umbrella open across the diagonal on a black border, it doesn't even try to be rounded in any way ><.

I keep Pocket Tanks Deluxe on because it's a decent game, but icons with the app name on them also = fail.

Similarly, apps that get their names truncated on the device are fail, along with those that don't capitalise the app name. If we could just customise this stuff a bit, all would be well . Ability to see on the store how all that would be on the device would also be nice.
You can if you jailbreak your device. I used to be really fiddly with my apps, renaming most of them and deleting ones with ugly icons. But then I realised how stupid it was, and just sort of let it be, and I'm much happier this way because I get more and better games.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
09-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sponger View Post
the icon is seriously that important to you that you wont update a game to make it better?

wow....
some people are anal like that. i dident update for the same reason

Ferrari GT•Pocket God•Mobile Guns•NFS:Undercover•Sky Burger•F&F4•Asphalt 4•Racer•Real Racing•Minigore•Drag Racer v4: Perfect Run•Unreal Trail•Boost 3D•JetCarStunts•Rally Master Pro•F.A.S.T•Labyrinth 2•ATV Offroad•NFS:Shift•Canabalt•F&F:Pink Slips•
Waiting For:Cogs•HardGore•Guerilla Bob•K-Rally