★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Wall Race - A Multiplayer Speed Racing Game for Everyone

02-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Wall Race - A Multiplayer Speed Racing Game for Everyone

YouTube Trailer

Download it now

Welcome to Wall Race - A Multiplayer Speed Racing Game for Everyone

For all of you speed demons, race car lovers, and go-kart fans, this brand new iOS-exclusive racing game is a must-play!

This high speed racing game features a gravity defying experience as you race across ceilings and walls at speeds of up to 600 km/h. Perform dynamic, high-speed aerial stunts in an intense driving experience powered by a brand-new physics engine that is the first of its kind in an iOS game. You won't find this kind of gameplay anywhere else.

Get a thrill as you race around the track against other cars and try to take the lead in this fast-paced game. Don't let gravity limit you – let out your inner speed demon and get your car careening along the walls and ceilings of the track. Offering different speeds and colors, all three of the double-sided vehicles have extra-large wheels which allow them to withstand crashing and being flipped over, and resume racing with minimal delay. On these futuristic-looking tracks, there is no right-side-up.

In order to come in first place, speed alone won't get you there - you'll also need some weapons to hinder your opponents so that you can take the lead.

Choose from the four weapons in your arsenal:
- a shield
- a speed boost
- a time freeze (which temporarily slows down all the other drivers)
- a rocket (which hits the first car when fired)
In addition to these weapons, power-ups will appear randomly on the track, so keep your eyes peeled for these advantages and grab them before your opponents do.

With both Facebook and Game Center integration, you can invite your friends to play and keep track of your high scores on the global leaderboard.

Additional features include WiFi multiplayer and split screen multiplayer (on iPad and iPhone 6 Plus only).

Young and old, boys and girls – this unique racing game with its brand new concept will excite and captivate everyone who is a fan of kart racers, crash driving, and putting the pedal to the metal.

Wall Race: 1 game, 2 unique tracks, 3 racing cars, 4 weapons. Unlimited amounts of fast fun.

Become a fan on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/wallrace
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/FanStudioUK

Questions or Comments? Visit our website at http://www.wallrace.net or contact us at wallrace@fanstudio.co.uk
02-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Anyone interested in promo codes please PM me.

Thank you!

02-27-2015, 12:33 PM
PM sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Promo codes sent. Anyone else interested PM me today, only few left.
03-01-2015, 08:53 AM
PM sent
03-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Promo code sent.
Don't forget to leave a review if you have the time

Cheers!
03-02-2015, 03:17 AM
Impressions

So had the chance trying this one out. Obviously my opinions are my own and do not translate into what others expect from a game. Initial impression, very simplistic style/feeling. Only one car and track available and no option to unlock the rest of the game besides watching videos to grind for coin or perhaps getting a reward for placing first which I was unable to do. I almost won but got rocketed off the track. The ai seems to accelerate much quicker? The racing itself didn't give a sense of speed in part due to lack of sound. Besides the background music there is no sound of engine, gears shifting, wheels sliding,... In general, the car feels a bit floaty with no sense of weight of the vehicle. In some instances of hitting the side/wall you have pretty much lost the race since you might be facing the wall with no reversing option or quick reset though this does happens automatically after a short period.In its current state you have to just follow the yellow line in the middle of the line and press the acceleration since there are no obstacles to avoid or jumps to clear which in turn could have aided in giving a sense of speed. Once the yellow line is out of sight, it is pretty much impossible to realign you swiftly since the point of view is aimed down, making it unclear which part of the track you are on. Than to consider that the steering itself feels floaty like mentioned before which consequently inhibits the ease of taking or riding on a power up.
the physics of the car versus the track seemed not to be correlating. The car will go at maximum speed and will not increase or decrease despite going up the wall or going off the wall which also takes away part of the tactic that you can use in other racing games. I'm guessing there is no slip streaming either.

All in all, I do think it can appeal to a certain demographic, especially with a working multiplayer but for me, beating my wife in split screen didn't feel all too rewarding.

I would add some obstacles to avoid, perhaps implement a jump button to jump over holes, make the track longer with better oversight, sounds of vehicle being engine or collision, reward system for not hitting anything, nicer in game buttons,...
03-02-2015, 07:33 AM
Thank you very much for your time to review our game.

Much appreciated.

We will work continuously on Wall Race and improve the overall gameplay experience.

Thank you,
The Fan Studio Team
03-02-2015, 12:44 PM
So just played it for a few minutes, it's a fun little game I guess but I think it could benefit from some polish. The graphics are just meh, and there are a bunch of graphical glitches that pop up all the time. Also, there isn't much depth to it so I don't see myself playing it that much, as there isn't anything here that is compelling me to keep playing. I mean, there are a ton of racing games out there and nothing here really sets the game apart from the pack, and honestly, it's kind of at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to racers in general. The foundation is there for it to be a decent game, but honestly it needs a LOT of work. I definitely don't think it's ready to be on the App Store yet, and I certainly don't see the game in its current state generating much revenue. I hope you guys take this as constructive criticism as I'm not trying to put your game down, I'm just giving my honest opinion.

I'll play it some more when I get home from work and try and give you guys some specific things that I think need to be worked on.