★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Discover a kingdom where strategy meets RPG. Triumph in tournaments and hone your skills to challenge for the Crown Trophy! Collect and manage Champions, leverage their abilities and assemble the ultimate jousting team. Every move counts in this genre-bending experience that will surprise you at every turn.
What time is it? Its jousting time!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Potential to be a genre defining classic Techstage
Varied approach to gameplay. Great sense of humor. Supergamedroid
Combines several different genres without feeling forced - SGDCraig

FREE AND PLAYABLE OFFLINE
Knights & Snails is free to download and can be enjoyed offline, too. With no restrictions, you can dive right in and get to the heart of what really matters the inventive gameplay, original characters and quirky story.

COLLECTABLE CHAMPIONS
Prove yourself worthy and other Knights will join your troupe to compete by your side. Building the ultimate team was never going to be easy - collecting and combining the right Champions requires clever planning and smart strategy.

RISE TO VICTORY
Its down to you to defeat the nefarious Sir Sluggard who will stop at nothing to thwart your plans. Joust your way through over 150 riveting tournaments, unhorsing your opponents with wits, dexterity and skill as you attempt to uncover the truth behind the fabled Knights of the Holy Snail.

Find out more at knightsandsnails.com
Follow us @KnightsnSnails
02-28-2015, 10:23 AM
I think this may have slipped past unnoticed, it's actually really interesting. I haven't played nearly enough to give proper impressions but I'm looking forward to getting that chance.

There was an upcoming thread for this if I recall, so I imagine some people have been waiting for this.

02-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Yea, this looks pretty cool.
02-28-2015, 11:13 AM
on Ipad air 2 it crashes on the level where it teaches you that you have to drag down a knight to each level
02-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Game Impressions

this game is quite cool, has more depth than I expected
02-28-2015, 12:46 PM
I am liking this, very different than I thought it would be.
02-28-2015, 06:29 PM
That there are snails in this game is by itself enough to get a thumbs-up from me!

But this is actually pretty interesting. I love the humor; a lot of the descriptions are really funny.

There is a surprising amount of strategy involved, and that makes it quite fun.

I seem to have trouble moving knights to another row. Is there some kind of limit to the number of moves you can make? Is there a way to undo a move if you drag the wrong knight to the wrong place?
02-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumbSnail View Post
I seem to have trouble moving knights to another row. Is there some kind of limit to the number of moves you can make? Is there a way to undo a move if you drag the wrong knight to the wrong place?
Yeah, maximum amount of moves per stage are three.
02-28-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm having fun with this one. I wanna buy the "Starter Pack" But not sure if that's gonna get me through the game or if it's gonna ask me to shell out again. It's probably too early but if anybody figures out the IAP scheme let us know
03-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Glad you guys like the game.

*Disclaimer* I'm one of the developers.

There is indeed a limit on the number of moves per tournament, indicated by the little footstep icon with a number next to it. You can move knights both on the manage screen (where you draft your champions) and during the tournament.

As for the IAP, we have really tried to do a mild approach. I personally don't like games where this is too obvious and in your face. For example you can always collect gems by defeating specific knights in a tournament. Collecting things is always nice.
We also like that you can expand your team by getting new champions from 3 categories. Each has a different ability and it's good to combine them depending on the tournament. The starterpack is a good deal for those who want to enjoy the game for a longer time, like the permanent increase of the heart budget, we also plan to add a permanent increase of the knight moves to the pack in the next update.

First and foremost it is our highest priority that the game is fun and challenging. If people enjoy the game, they'll want to support it.
If you want to give us feedback, just shoot.

Last edited by DigitalKnight; 03-01-2015 at 06:10 AM.