★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for that Llamasoft vibe.

02-28-2015, 12:08 AM
Looking for that Llamasoft vibe.

Anyone that has played games designed by Jeff Minter knows they have a quirky edge to them and are addictive as hell. They are all very unique and weird and fun. Any suggestions for games or developers I should check out that have a similar off the wall edginess to them? Butterscotch Shenanigans comes to mind and if you are familiar with Electo Master and Hungry Master, I would put them in the same boat as well. Hope you guys have some awesome ideas that I may not have thought of. Thanks for participating.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
02-28-2015, 04:19 PM
The closest developer I can think of is the dewd who recently put up SpikeDislike2 free for his birthday. He may even have a game that plays almost exactly like that jumping goat game. His games are full of tons of different modes and arcade joy, though- defo not a cloner. This bundle's very much worth getting: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app-bundle/agameaweeks-monkey-x-bundle/id917640776?mt=8
02-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Yep, above on the jayenkai vibe. I also look forward to Michael Brough games the same way I used to look forward to Minter's and Justin Smith's games from Blinkbat are equally eccentric. Still got to love Jeff though. Legend in my house.
03-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Awesome suggestions. Do either of you remember a game called Must Eat Birds? That was pretty weird.
Totally agreement, Slammer, Jeff Minter is in a class to himself.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80