★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

DragonLair $.99 -> Free

03-02-2015, 09:23 AM
DragonLair $.99 -> Free

ıllıllı ȼ¥ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
03-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Nice!

03-03-2015, 06:20 PM
I have good memories about this game. I bought it when it came out and spent quite some time with it. It has a really interesting fighting mechanic and equipement mechanic involving orbs. You can't just smash the attack button as usual in krpg's, fighting forces you to move around, dodge attacks etc. or you will die quickly.

But that was long time ago and the game was not updated since 2012. I reinstalled it today (non-jailbroken iPad Air with latest iOS) and it keeps crashing a second after I see the splash screen. So I'm guessing is't pretty much unplayable on new iDevices or latest iOS version.

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomon’s Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
03-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Broken on iPad 3 with iOS 7. The menu screen is squashed into a corner of the screen and none of the buttons work.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Broken on iPad 3 with iOS 7. The menu screen is squashed into a corner of the screen and none of the buttons work.
Tried it on the iPad 4 and was not working either. Then I read the description and it ran ok on the Touch. That little guy runs around like he had way too much coffee.
03-04-2015, 12:23 AM
I don't know how I missed this but it ran fine on my iphone 6 ios8. The graphics are completely gorgeous. However it's a pretty difficult game with enemies being way stronger than your usual KRPG (forcing you to kite a lot). I don't mind that but with the controls and the somewhat really small interface, it feels almost like a chore.

Still a good game nonetheless.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
03-04-2015, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Tried it on the iPad 4 and was not working either. Then I read the description and it ran ok on the Touch. That little guy runs around like he had way too much coffee.
Broken on my ipad air too. Screen shows only a quarter of the entire ipad screen on the lower left, but the touch areas for the controls are scaled into full screen.
03-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Doesn't even start on iPad Air 2. Crashes to homescreen after the quarter of a second.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
03-04-2015, 09:17 AM
I later read the games description and it only states that the game will work on iphones and Touch devices and no mention of iPads.
03-04-2015, 06:10 PM
After trying to run the game on my iPad Air I reinstalled the game on iPhone 5 with iOS 7 and it works fine, its not widescreen but everything else seems to be ok. Really gorgeous looking game and REALLY not your typical krpg where you smash the attack button and slice through enemies, thats really a breath of fresh air.

Quote:
That little guy runs around like he had way too much coffee.
You can change the game speed in the options menu, works best on "1" setting for me.

Quote:
I later read the games description and it only states that the game will work on iphones and Touch devices and no mention of iPads.
I have no idea what were they thinking? If it's not compatibile with iPads than why make the app universal? This game could really use an update...

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomon’s Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.