★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Wagic is an iOS implementation of the internationally acclaimed open source Trading Card Game simulation, made by card-game fans and backed up by a large community of players and modders. The project has been active since 2008 and is available on many platforms, and supports a massive amount of cards.

In Wagic, you play as a wizard against the CPU with your army of minions. You start the game with a small collection of cards (symbolizing creatures and spells), and as you win battles against the AI, you earn credits that allow you to buy more cards and build more powerful decks. As you play, you unlock cards and new game modes, so Wagic is much more than a simple card simulation.

Wagic features several thousands of cards in the official release, but if thats not enough for you, it is highly customizable and allows to create your own cards and mods.
03-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Is this like legal? Haha. It seems to be a rip off of another game.... Course if there's no art and etc I guess it isn't! Interesting! Makes me wanna buy it! Thousands of cards? Whauuuuut

Not available in the canadian store!!!! Why not? Geez laweeze
03-04-2015, 11:13 AM
I'd imagine it's very much not legal, which is most likely why it's not available any more!

I've known about the homebrew project for a while, being a closet Magic-lover. AFAIK, most companies tend to let these things slide until they try to monetise them. Charging for this is pretty surprising, slightly disappointing and probably not very smart, though I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't released by the actual creator (which could also be why it was pulled).

It's available for free from his site though, if you're really interested in it and it's on multiple platforms too.
03-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolicMike View Post
Is this like legal? Haha. It seems to be a rip off of another game.... Course if there's no art and etc I guess it isn't! Interesting! Makes me wanna buy it! Thousands of cards? Whauuuuut

Not available in the canadian store!!!! Why not? Geez laweeze
Heh. They aren't using the artwork apparently but I wouldn't doubt it if they get into hot water from WotC. The cards are rips of the WotC sans flavor text and a little subtle re-arranging.

They should have named their dev team or publisher or whatever Mages of the Coast or maybe Lizards on the Coast or Wizards out of Toast.
03-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Gotcha. Probably have an android version. Magics fun just notice top lay in person with real cards anymore... So they should put thousands online course I understand why. They still wanna make good dough with the real ones... Heh