★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

'Temple Run: Oz' by Disney (Universal) $1.99 > Free

03-04-2015, 09:49 PM
'Temple Run: Oz' by Disney (Universal) $1.99 > Free

"Free" (there are "In-App Purchases" for real money) for the first time.

Quote from the iTunes iOS App Store (user review):

Game is fun to play and extremely addictive. I was really excited that they did an update because I was hoping... no, praying that they finally fixed the glitches. So I tested it out and the game still crashes when I reach about 18 million points! Please please fix this problem, because I would like to finally finish the 25 million challenge and the 100 million challenge!
From the main TA thread (80 postings):

Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Obstacles are less cheap, the theme is great, Balloon scenes are so much better than the rail cart scenes, more variety in the way the paths are layed out (TR2 is mostly straight paths til you get to the turns, while TROz have curved roads), more than 1 tile set which TR2 only had (this latest update gave TROz 3 tile sets now), and the Jumps have been balanced to avoid jumping too far when jumping from top of slopes.

The only thing that TR2 has better than TROz is the variety of character skins.

TROz is an upgrade of what made TR2 great, so yeah, it's better.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
03-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Lol I remember when I was a newbie on iOS and bought this when the movie came out. Haven't played temple run in two years .

03-04-2015, 10:16 PM
App of the week
03-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Nice looking app wonder if a sequel is coming soon to the movie or is another movie tie in coming to Temple Run? Temple Run Age of Ultron with the Hulk chasing you maybe....
03-05-2015, 02:03 AM
Yeah this is a good runner title if you like the genre. There's not much in terms of innovation, but it does almost everything right.

The only real downside is that Temple Run 2 overtook this for me for having non-stop updates. TROz needed some more additions too, but i guess that may be in Disney's hand now and not Imangi's.
03-05-2015, 02:38 AM
.....aaaaaaaaaand TR2 just added a st patrick's update (last month was Bruce Lee with VDay). More reason to play with the new collectibles. TROz never got this much love from Disney.
03-05-2015, 09:47 PM
The game is very good. Download and you will not be disappointed about it.

Pine Entertainment