★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Five Dice or Yatzee?

12-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Five Dice or Yatzee?

Which is the better choice?

Yatzee is on sale now for 2.99.

iPod Touch 2G and NOW iPad!! =)
Now Playing: Let's Create! Pottery HD & The Treasures of Montezuma HD =)
$400 worth of iTunes GCs, in honor of Com2us' Slice It!
12-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoderlye View Post

Yahtzee adventures

You have a small story mode using a mix of the following:

Original Yahtzee rules
Rainbow Yahtzee rules
Duplicate Yahtzee rules
Battle Yahtzee rules

You can also just jump into a custom game using any of the rules I just mentioned with up to 4 players.

You can pass n play with human players or use bots (you can't mix them though)

hope that helps!

12-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Quote:

I think I got 5 dice when it was free for the weekend sometime and I didn't enjoy it that much. I would go with yahtzee for the great sale price
12-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Motion X Poker (I beat this one, all dice, all boards, all gems)
or
Motion X Poker Quest

if only Yahtzee would have put dice with movement like Motion X.. it would have been an incredible game. I think they missed the boat with the lame dice on Yahtzee.
12-19-2008, 08:52 AM
I agree that once you've seen the MotionX dice all others seem lame, but I still really like Yahtzee. That is one game I keep going back to. I like all the different variations and I keep moving along on the adventure. Definitely they could improve the dice, but the game itself is lots of fun.
12-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks everyone.

I checked Yahtzee before I left home and it said to be sure to have the very latest iTunes and v2.2. I have not upgraded either at this time. Their requirements only stated v2.0 update for Yahtzee. I have 2.1.1.

I have never updated before, as this is my first iPod. I am a bit scared to try it since I just loaded lots of stuff for vacation and we are leaving as soon as I am packed tonight. I really don't have the time tonight to do much with it except sync and charge while I pack the car.

iPod Touch 2G and NOW iPad!! =)
Now Playing: Let's Create! Pottery HD & The Treasures of Montezuma HD =)
$400 worth of iTunes GCs, in honor of Com2us' Slice It!
12-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Thanks everyone.

I checked Yahtzee before I left home and it said to be sure to have the very latest iTunes and v2.2. I have not upgraded either at this time. Their requirements only stated v2.0 update for Yahtzee. I have 2.1.1.

I have never updated before, as this is my first iPod. I am a bit scared to try it since I just loaded lots of stuff for vacation and we are leaving as soon as I am packed tonight. I really don't have the time tonight to do much with it except sync and charge while I pack the car.
There really isn't anything to worry about but it's better to be safe than sorry.

if it says you need 2.2 it doesn't mean it won't work on 2.1... just that they built it specifically for 2.2 so there is a chance it won't work. You can still get it now and try it out. If it doesn't work well then you want til you get a chance to upgrade and then you'll have it working again.

Have fun on your trip
12-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Quote:

I have not tried 5 Dice, but I really enjoy Yatzee, there are some really interesting variations of the game, and I especially like the Battle Yatzee game.