★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Booty Bounce - New Release

09-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Booty Bounce - New Release

Hey All-

Booty Bounce got approved last night and it's now in the app store (I'm the developer )

It's a silly little physics game where you try to help Captain McCruptyPants' get his pirate booty to shore. It's my first game using box2d and was really fun to write. I hope some of you like it!!

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=329899938&mt=8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	899938.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	7587   Click image for larger version

Name:	899938_2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	7588   Click image for larger version

Name:	899938_3.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	7589  

Click image for larger version

Name:	899938_4.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	7590   Click image for larger version

Name:	899938_5.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	7591  
09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
I love the art and the gameplay sounds really interesting. Congrats on the release!

09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Send a message via MSN to LonERecoN
Looks like a decent polished title. The art work is very nice. Before I buy, can you elaborate on what you have to do in the game, and how deep it is? How long will it last me roughly?

iOS Developer
Star Shooter
Star Shooter: HD
Follow me: @MattGibbard
09-16-2009, 10:39 AM
agreed, the art looks nice, but can you tell us more about how to play the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Absolutely!

Here's how it works-
Captain McCrupty Pants will throw his booty off the ship. Your job is to catch as much of it as you can and help get it to shore. You use the red tramp/rope/catcher to catch and fling/bounce the booty to shore. It takes a bit of finesse and skill. The more booty you get to shore the higher your pirate score will be. Booty that lands in the water will bobble and sink, thus being lost. If you overshoot the 'X' on the land, the booty is also last. Each bit of loot you get to shore earns you one point. Each game lasts 4:00 minutes. The closer to the end of the 4:00 min the faster/more loot will be thrown off the ship for you to catch and get to shore.

Booty Bounce is a spin on Baby Bounce, an old game I used to love and play on my old computer of yore. The obvious difference is the styling and tramp/rope physics.

How deep the game is and how long it will last-
This is my first box2d, so honestly I tried to make the rope, bounce, and other physics work right while keeping other bits simple. Right now you only play single rounds. So you would replay to get a better score. I was hoping to get feedback, eg- if I should make the game level based and such. I'm totally open to suggestions + feedback

It's $0.99 and has unique gameplay Anyone who has played baby bounce I think will really appreciate it
09-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Send a message via MSN to LonERecoN
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchfever View Post
Absolutely!

Here's how it works-
Captain McCrupty Pants will throw his booty off the ship. Your job is to catch as much of it as you can and help get it to shore. You use the red tramp/rope/catcher to catch and fling/bounce the booty to shore. It takes a bit of finesse and skill. The more booty you get to shore the higher your pirate score will be. Booty that lands in the water will bobble and sink, thus being lost. If you overshoot the 'X' on the land, the booty is also last. Each bit of loot you get to shore earns you one point. Each game lasts 4:00 minutes. The closer to the end of the 4:00 min the faster/more loot will be thrown off the ship for you to catch and get to shore.

Booty Bounce is a spin on Baby Bounce, an old game I used to love and play on my old computer of yore. The obvious difference is the styling and tramp/rope physics.

How deep the game is and how long it will last-
This is my first box2d, so honestly I tried to make the rope, bounce, and other physics work right while keeping other bits simple. Right now you only play single rounds. So you would replay to get a better score. I was hoping to get feedback, eg- if I should make the game level based and such. I'm totally open to suggestions + feedback

It's $0.99 and has unique gameplay Anyone who has played baby bounce I think will really appreciate it
Thank you for your response. I'm going to buy this now on the grounds that you took your time to explain.

Answering your questions, a lot of gamers enjoy level based games as it gives them the chance to pick up and play. Lets say you have 80 'levels' of gameplay as such, for example, the percentage of booty saved increases by two percent every stage. So on level 10, you will need to collect 20% of booty to unlock level 11. Level 11 will require 22% of booty saved for level 12 ect. That's probably the best angle I can see. For an example, look at a game on the appstore called 'Blocked'.

Also, I know that gamers like to be able to spend rewards to upgrade things. Lets say you get points for each booty saved, you could spend those points on upgrades. Example upgrades could be:
-Bigger X to land booty on
-Longer bouncer rope thingy

Hope this helps.

iOS Developer
Star Shooter
Star Shooter: HD
Follow me: @MattGibbard
09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Dang I had something else entirely in mind when I heard the title of this game.
09-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the input everyone! LonERecoN- great ideas!!

nrfuller- LOL, now that you mention it I see can what you mean
09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
just purchased this as well, it looks like an interesting game and 59p is cheap as i always think so its always worth a go
09-16-2009, 05:42 PM
the name of this game is deceiving i thought it was going to be something else

Ferrari GT•Pocket God•Mobile Guns•NFS:Undercover•Sky Burger•F&F4•Asphalt 4•Racer•Real Racing•Minigore•Drag Racer v4: Perfect Run•Unreal Trail•Boost 3D•JetCarStunts•Rally Master Pro•F.A.S.T•Labyrinth 2•ATV Offroad•NFS:Shift•Canabalt•F&F:Pink Slips•
Waiting For:Cogs•HardGore•Guerilla Bob•K-Rally