★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lux DLX

12-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Send a message via AIM to Kuratsu Send a message via MSN to Kuratsu
Lux DLX

For those of you who remember Lux Touch, according to the developers website it states that Lux DLX has been submitted to the app store and that they are leaning to a final price of $7.99.

The Deluxe version promises new features:
Saves your game
Harder computer AI
Hot-seat multi-player
More settings and options
Tons of different maps, like these:

I for one have been looking forward to this release. The developers are hopeful that the Deluxe version will pass in time for Christmas.
12-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Quote:
leaning to a final price of $7.99..
seems a bit high too me but then again I am a cheapskate

12-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviet View Post
seems a bit high too me but then again I am a cheapskate
The desktop version costs $25 so $7.99 doesn't seem all that bad to me.
Not to mention the actual board game costing around $30.

Last edited by Kuratsu; 12-19-2008 at 08:25 AM.
12-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuratsu View Post
The desktop version costs $25 so $7.99 doesn't seem all that bad to me.
But compare it to the other games...
That's the point. The price alone is cheap but in comparison it's not.
12-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Have been waiting for a good "Risk!" game since I got my iPhone. Got the free version of this and really liked the look of it but it was just too limited. This will be one game I don't mind spending that money on. Hope it's out soon!
12-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danillson View Post
But compare it to the other games...
That's the point. The price alone is cheap but in comparison it's not.
One could say the same thing about many other games that are in the same price range. You can't judge a game by price alone, one must also consider content, quality, as well as many other qualities that make a game worthwhile.
12-19-2008, 08:31 AM
I might end up picking this up.

I preferred Virtual Conquest to the free version of Lux even though it made me scroll around instead of giving me a full map like Lux did.

I waited for an update of Virtual Conquest and I got it last night... But it was just a new icon, A splash screen before the game starts, and it is now call vConqr

No gameplay enhancements at all =/

Lux Dlx also has historic battles and different scenarios so I'm hoping that makes it into the iphone version as well
12-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post

I preferred Virtual Conquest to the free version of Lux even though it made me scroll around instead of giving me a full map like Lux did.

I waited for an update of Virtual Conquest and I got it last night... But it was just a new icon, A splash screen before the game starts, and it is now call vConqr

Lux Dlx also has historic battles and different scenarios so I'm hoping that makes it into the iphone version as well
Yeah, I'm hoping that many if not all the features of the desktop version will/have made it into the iPhone version
12-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post

Actually, the newest version of Virtual Conquest does have some gameplay mechanics updated. True that a lot of it is visual enhancements and bug fixes, but it seems to me that the AI has been slightly improved as well.
12-19-2008, 09:17 AM
AI was improved in the last version.

This one is:
Improved Touch Interface
Improved Graphical Interface
Bug Fixes
Name Change