★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Farting apps ranking in top 100 apps...

12-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio
Farting apps ranking in top 100 apps...

Pull my finger 2best seller in the us??? Meaning 10k a day?

It's so sooo sad...

Alexandre leboucher - Agharta studio
Designer of 1112
Check out my twitter for latest updates!
12-19-2008, 09:19 AM
lol, that is sick...fart jokes never die though, just deez nuts jokes die. someone should make a deez nuts app, lol

12-19-2008, 09:23 AM
I was just going to comment on this! There are two farting apps in the top 10! Pull my Finger is #3 and ifart is #10. I would not have believed that these apps. would be so popular. This can't be good- now I bet more developers will get on the gas bandwagon- already there are way too many of these kind of apps.
12-19-2008, 09:35 AM
It's like iBeer being in the top 20 for what seems like forever now, it doesn't make sense, it's a horrible app, it doesn't even work well or look cool when you show your friends... Plus, SimCity is #1 bit Rolando is catching up!
12-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Send a message via AIM to Kuratsu Send a message via MSN to Kuratsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
It's like iBeer being in the top 20 for what seems like forever now, it doesn't make sense, it's a horrible app, it doesn't even work well or look cool when you show your friends... Plus, SimCity is #1 bit Rolando is catching up!
iPint is way better than iBeer, but yeah I gotta say its getting out of hand with all these misc. apps being released left and right.
12-19-2008, 10:06 AM
This has nothing to do with people's love of farts, and everything to do with publicity.

First, Pull My Finger gets rejected from the App Store. The devs talk - and every Apple-related media outlet reports on it.

Then, they get accepted! Again, blogs are ablaze. TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Engadget, TUAW and our very favorite MacRumors all reported on it.

Seriously, you can't even buy this kind of publicity. That initial rejection earned them a whole fartload of money.
12-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
It's so sooo sad...
Yep- agreed there. Makes you wonder if all the devs will put fart sound effects in their games just so they'll sell. No-one will buy MGS because it is a simple shooter instead of a proper MGS game. So the devs will probably get Snake to fart his way around the levels in the hope it will boost sales. Sad thing is, it probably will.
You're not going to put any in the next part to 1112 are you?
12-19-2008, 10:17 AM
There are more than 30 fart apps in the store!

Seems to be an American kind of humor. None of the fart apps are in the German Top 100.
12-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattylux View Post
This has nothing to do with people's love of farts, and everything to do with publicity.

First, Pull My Finger gets rejected from the App Store. The devs talk - and every Apple-related media outlet reports on it.

Then, they get accepted! Again, blogs are ablaze. TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Engadget, TUAW and our very favorite MacRumors all reported on it.

Seriously, you can't even buy this kind of publicity. That initial rejection earned them a whole fartload of money.
I think you might be right about that.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Yep- agreed there. Makes you wonder if all the devs will put fart sound effects in their games just so they'll sell. No-one will buy MGS because it is a simple shooter instead of a proper MGS game. So the devs will probably get Snake to fart his way around the levels in the hope it will boost sales. Sad thing is, it probably will.
I would TOTALLY BUY THAT GAME!!