★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BRUNKT
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 24.6 MB
  • Version: 1.4.5
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Get the Honey is a new kind of brick breaker game that takes the best of Breakout, Peggle, and Pinball, and mixes them all together. Collect all the honey and help these little bees jump, blast, and bounce their way to victory through 120 levels using nothing but a bounce pad and your wits. Adventure awaits!

8bitninja's comments:
Hi Everybody,

My new game (Get the Honey) has just been released on the app store. It's a new kind of brick breaker game that takes the best from Breakout, Peggle, and Pinball, and mixes them all together. I hope you guys enjoy it, Thanks!

iTunes Link: Download Here
My website: Here

03-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Here are a few promo codes for the app store. Please, all feedback is welcome. Thanks!

HLN3WREMT7RT

WTP4EYPPMYWH

L3ETYM6P6W3Y

YRRAE4HHMJY9

73HHMHXKRLHR

Last edited by 8bitninja; 03-09-2015 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Fix spelling

03-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Hi, took YRRAE4HHMJY9, thanks a lot; impressions to follow!
03-09-2015, 03:32 PM
thanks took

WTP4EYPPMYWH
03-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Hmmmmmmm.........played the first 16 levels so I have enough to give some initial thoughts. This is basically a breakout game with the ball, or in this case, the bee, being dropped initially from above from a point of your choosing. Graphics are clean and simple, the physics are ok. The control area at the bottom of the screen is a little too shallow; there's not quite enough space to allow you control without your finger obscuring the paddle. The music is brain-burningly repetitive and annoying. I haven't got to a boss level yet which I assume will be at level 30 but the biggest killer so far is a lack of variation in the levels. A simple colour change from level to level or graphical variation in the honeycomb bricks would help immensely. The basics are there, they just need to be embellished. The cute element could be expanded upon to brighten up the levels or level packs; everything is too samey so far. If you like this type of game though there are plenty of levels and the challenge is fair.
03-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Thank you!!!
L3ETYM6P6W3Y
03-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Looks fun.
Should I get this one coolpepper?
03-10-2015, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Looks fun.
Should I get this one coolpepper?
I'm not sure, I think the kiddos might like it. Zineman said a lot of the same things that I was going to write. I think this is an interesting mashup of pachinko mixed with break out. I only played about 10 levels so far. I think the concept works for the most part. I love the cute graphics and sounds and everything is well polished. The powers up are nice, the one you have to activate is hard to use because of the button placement. What I really enjoy about this game is that it's not really stressful and it's kind of relaxing.

Added: also the physics are less like a breakout game and more like pinball or Peggle. This works really well.

Last edited by coolpepper43; 03-10-2015 at 03:45 AM.
03-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Thank you guys for all the feedback. I'm a solo developer, so it's nice to hear the reactions from other gamer/developers and not just from my Wife and friends. Please keep the feedback coming and please keep enjoying the game. Thanks guys!
03-10-2015, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
I'm not sure, I think the kiddos might like it. Zineman said a lot of the same things that I was going to write. I think this is an interesting mashup of pachinko mixed with break out. I only played about 10 levels so far. I think the concept works for the most part. I love the cute graphics and sounds and everything is well polished. The powers up are nice, the one you have to activate is hard to use because of the button placement. What I really enjoy about this game is that it's not really stressful and it's kind of relaxing.

Added: also the physics are less like a breakout game and more like pinball or Peggle. This works really well.
Thanks Coolpepper.
Nice review Zineman. Thank you as well.

Not sure if the kids will like it. They were iffy on the pics because they weren't 'kid' enough I think. One of my older foster kids wants it for sure. I'll wait until my next iTunes purchase b/c his b-day is next month. I'll, probably end up getting it for myself also b/c I end up purchasing most apps that I have even a little interest in. LOL! Especially made by indie developers and even more so when they're active here at TA.
I have enough apps that I haven't even played yet to last me for years, probably!