★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-12-2015, 05:29 PM
#81
One of my new all time favorite iOS games hands down.

I still beg to change the icon to either the red flag hanging on the title screen, or one of the cards. That would be awesome.
03-12-2015, 06:27 PM
#82
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinytouchtales View Post
@Stevencarla damage a monster with a sword first

@LordGek put it on a shield or leave it in your backpack.
Actually I just confirmed that even if the monster is played to shield, while the backpack looks clear, it can never be used again (cards are no longer playable to the pack).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

03-12-2015, 07:37 PM
#83
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 600
I've got nothing but confidence in whatever genius could make this game. From the Tardi-meets-Trondheim art style to the organic gameplay; the soundtrack.... Just perfect.

I'd like to see an ad hoc P2P co-op. Two warriors lined up horizontally, throwing potions back and forth to one another. Can't attack or take from opposite dungeon side; only support. Weapons / Shields.

Beyond that, a shop card might be nice. Pull three cards to the side, if there's a potion or weapon there, you can spend gold. Mix any unbought/ unusable left back into the deck.

Might save your life!
03-12-2015, 07:46 PM
#84
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 9,103
I think the icon's fine. If you have a problem with it, you pretty much have a problem with the entire game, since you're staring at that very image 50% of the time you play the game. It IS a little zoomed out and contains a ton of details though. I'll admit that. I dunno...the flag may work as an icon, but I fear it may also suffer from being a little too big for an icon. I dunno...don't care, tbh. Love the game!

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
03-12-2015, 08:45 PM
#85
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I think the icon's fine. If you have a problem with it, you pretty much have a problem with the entire game, since you're staring at that very image 50% of the time you play the game. It IS a little zoomed out and contains a ton of details though. I'll admit that. I dunno...the flag may work as an icon, but I fear it may also suffer from being a little too big for an icon. I dunno...don't care, tbh. Love the game!
It is just as great as is hoped. I know I'm in the minority, but I just have a thing about icons. Just wishful thinking...I wish I could be an icon designer full time.
03-12-2015, 09:35 PM
#86
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 578
I like it but it keeps crashing... Also, I am terrible at it.

Any tips to help me win? I have had his deck go to one, but I have yet to win.
03-12-2015, 09:41 PM
#87
Joined: May 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Deuce View Post
I like it but it keeps crashing... Also, I am terrible at it.

Any tips to help me win? I have had his deck go to one, but I have yet to win.
It keeps crashing before I get to play either the game or tutorial so unfortunately I can't comment. iPhone 4S ios 7.0.4
03-12-2015, 10:12 PM
#88
Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0spective View Post
It keeps crashing before I get to play either the game or tutorial so unfortunately I can't comment. iPhone 4S ios 7.0.4
I'm just curious because I see so many TA users still using 4's and 4s...why does one still keep a device that old when it's pretty cheap to upgrade nowadays? Just wondering. Though I do think it's unfortunate that Apple basically kills your old phone for you by making it unusable after a few iOS versions later. I'm sure my 5c won't run so well soon.
03-12-2015, 10:44 PM
#89
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
I'm just curious because I see so many TA users still using 4's and 4s...why does one still keep a device that old when it's pretty cheap to upgrade nowadays? Just wondering. Though I do think it's unfortunate that Apple basically kills your old phone for you by making it unusable after a few iOS versions later. I'm sure my 5c won't run so well soon.
I'm one of a dying breed that don't use a cellphone. I purchased an iPad3 with LTE so the sim cards are the same size. Now I buy a month of data when I need it and that works on my iPhone or iPad since I'm usually in wifi. No need to sign a two year contract or pay $800+ for an off contract device.

I've been using my iPad3 for Card Crawl and I'm playing for so long that my device is getting so hot that I can't keep holding it. It's not the game's fault, I know the iPad3 has a huge problem with overheating which is why it was discontinued so quickly but it's annoying that I can't play this game as much as I want.

I will accept donations of old iOS devices so I can come out of the stone age however
03-12-2015, 10:58 PM
#90
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 18
I love this game. Two quick questions for anyone else who has played a lot:

Does anyone have the exact breakdown of the deck? Some cards (mostly monsters) are repeated.

It looks like 2-10 of potions and coins (one of each number??)
It looks like 2-7 only for swords and shields (one of each again??)
And monsters go from 2-10, but there are lots of repeats (especially on the high end, it seems)
Plus 5 ability cards.

Does anyone have the exact deck makeup? And is anyone selling those physical cards someone posted earlier?

Thanks!