★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games like Card Crawl?

03-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Games like Card Crawl?

I didn't want to ask this in thread but are there other card games with a similar mechanic to Card Crawl? I saw Dungeon Solitaire mentioned a few times but it is pulled from the app store. Thanks!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-12-2015, 08:48 PM
The only one that I can think of that is still available is Necronomicon/Necronomicon Redux.

03-13-2015, 08:54 AM
Came her to say Necronomcon Redux, someone beat me to it.

Chainsaw Warrior is a similar "draw and resolve cards" but MUCH more dicey.

Galaxy Trucker has a similar feel, and it's got SPACESHIPS SPACESHIPS SPACESHIPS!

Fortress is a PvP type card game.

Starbase Annex is a 4x card game played with a deck of ranked spaceships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Probably one of my greatest iOS regrets is that I did not get Reiner Knizia's Poison before it was pulled.

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Probably one of my greatest iOS regrets is that I did not get Reiner Knizia's Poison before it was pulled.
The developer of Dungeon Solitaire, Griptonite, was also the dev who made the iOS version of Poison. These were some of my favorite card games at the time, I take it you weren't big into card games at that time.

Luckily Griptonite is still maintaining a few games on iOS so I can still download Dungeon Solitaire and Poison from my purchase history. Too bad I can't restore my IAP from Dungeon Solitaire but the base game with it's two expansions is still fun to play and very challenging.
03-15-2015, 03:38 AM
What was the reason for pulling dungeon solitaire? Sounds like a great game. I wish I could get it.
03-15-2015, 06:14 AM
Dead mans draw
03-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
What was the reason for pulling dungeon solitaire? Sounds like a great game. I wish I could get it.
I made the mistake of watching the video of it. Crap! I want it too!!!

I was into card games but just kept putting off getting it. Next thing I knew it was gone.

DEVELOPERS I ADORE