★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Okay, why does Disqus say I'm blocked by Toucharcade?

03-13-2015, 01:51 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Okay, why does Disqus say I'm blocked by Toucharcade?

Can't find any more information other than "We are unable to post your comment because you have been blocked by TouchArcade."

And for some reason I can't find any sort of contact info for staff, mods, whatever the hell they call themselves so I'm resorting to posting this here. Yay.
03-13-2015, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dib View Post
Can't find any more information other than "We are unable to post your comment because you have been blocked by TouchArcade."

And for some reason I can't find any sort of contact info for staff, mods, whatever the hell they call themselves so I'm resorting to posting this here. Yay.

A block or ban in the article's comments sections means that you might have shown offensive behaviour.
Best would be to contact a mod or admin via PM.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

03-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Which I have not. I haven't even posted a comment in around four months.

So how about a mod messages me and figures it out.
03-13-2015, 06:51 PM
The TA Mods don't administer the front page TouchArcade comments, so you'd need a TA Admin, like Eli or Jared, to respond.
03-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Quote:

Obviously, you've been a very bad boy! That's why.
03-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Yeah, so was I supposed to start holding my breath last week? Or should I start right now?
03-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Yeah, so was I supposed to start holding my breath last week? Or should I start right now?
WOW with such a great attitude how could I NOT want to help you? Why don't you start by giving me your disqus username.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
03-20-2015, 08:02 PM
I don't know. It's almost like sites typically have people running it whose job is to work on stuff. Some sort of...support. Perhaps such a staff might have some way of communicating with them, possibly with a button or email address. It could say something like...support--to make it conspicuous to all. You know, just on the one-in-a-million chance that someone had an issue and didn't want to go to a public forum.

https://disqus.com/by/dibdib/
03-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Quote:
I don't know. It's almost like sites typically have people running it whose job is to work on stuff. Some sort of...support. Perhaps such a staff might have some way of communicating with them, possibly with a button or email address. It could say something like...support--to make it conspicuous to all. You know, just on the one-in-a-million chance that someone had an issue and didn't want to go to a public forum.

https://disqus.com/by/dibdib/
Lol seriously your attitude is terrible so I'm not going to help you. I'd guess that if this is how you typically conduct yourself then you most likely were simply banned from the front page. Of course Disqus is filled with weird problems so maybe it's something else. I guess we'll never know!

Good luck!

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
03-20-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't want to get in the middle of this but I do find it extremely hard to get a hold of an admin even if my life depended on it. I know you guys are busy but I just wanted to throw that out there. Not trying to start a fight or anything... not in the face!!! Let me first take off my glasses.😎...😋 ready. Lol.